DVD Arc BR ? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old March 12th, 2011, 11:46 AM   #1
Inner Circle

DVD Arc BR ?

Curiously,

Does DVD Arc 5.2 burn dual layer blu ray discs????

I have a 27 Gb project and have been tring to burn to a DL br disc,

Says file is to large for the disc!!??

The burner is fine as I burnt a dual layer br disc in the past via vegas, but on this one I want a full working menu.

all seems well but this!! I am on the second day and am slightly perplexed.

thank you
Old March 19th, 2011, 08:46 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Re: DVD Arc BR ?

I don't know if DVDA will burn DL Blu-Ray's or not but I have had issues with it burning DL DVD's before. I would suggest that you create an .iso file and use ImgBurn to finish the compilation.

Here are some old steps for creating a DL DVD. I have not tried a DL Blu-Ray yet but maybe this can help a little. Just my .02:
Dual Layer DVD Burning Instructions
Output to hd first from dvd architect > file > make dvd > prepare > select folder , and go
Done
Imgburn set to write iso , add audio_ts and video_ts folders , name it > output to new folder .
Because project will need dl , imgburn will ask where to place layer break , better at 50/50 , let it go
Done
Imgburn > write iso , select mds file , insert dl media , when ready , set burn speed to 4x , and leave pc to do the job .
Done
Colin Ard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2011, 09:29 AM   #3
Inner Circle

I have not done a DL Bluray with 5.2 but I have a 4 hour and 20 min MPEG2HD of our Australian holiday authored with DVDArchitect 5.0, created an iso image and burned with NERO to TDK and Sony 50G DL discs. It was an assembly of 4 edited videos with chapters for each video.

Ron Evans
Ron Evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2011, 06:27 PM   #4
Inner Circle

Just a thought Dale - is it saying the BR disk is not big enough or the temp working area is not big enough? I was trying to burn a simple hour long DVD last week and just could NOT get it to work until I actually bothered to read the error message - it was because my temp prep folder was on a drive that was low on disk space. You can change that in prefs, as I learned from another thread here. Note, this is not the folder that the vob files are created in but a different 'scratch' area. You can change both in preferences.

I'm sure someone who knows DVDA better than me will fill in with the correct terminology if I've got it horribly wrong!
Ian Stark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2011, 07:46 PM   #5
Inner Circle

The size of BR disc needs to be set in the properties. Disc format will be Bluray and the target size can be 4.7, 8.5, 25 or 50. With this one can choose to burn to a standard disc for AVCHD or to Bluray disc of 25 or 50G. The other thing to note is that there needs to be twice the disc size available for preparation on the chosen hard drive(s) where the temp files are located. So in your case there must be at least 54G available and in my mind the disc should then only be no more than 80% full.

Ron Evans
Ron Evans is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...