Vegas 10 won't start up! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old March 14th, 2011, 09:11 AM   #1
Major Player

Vegas 10 won't start up!

Vegas won't start on my one computer any longer. I click on the program and nothing at all happens!

I've even gone into program files and run the actual EXE file and still nothing happens.

I've done a search on the internet and it seems others have had this problem, but I can't seem to find a clear cut solution.

Anybody here have this problem?

Thanks
Old March 14th, 2011, 09:34 AM   #2
Major Player

Re: Vegas 10 won't start up!

Is it a legal copy of Vegas?
Nicholas de Kock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2011, 09:37 AM   #3
Inner Circle

No solution, but if no one else comes up with a better answer, you might uninstall and reinstall. Hopefully the issue is not in the registry in such a way that this "fix" might work.
Old March 14th, 2011, 11:15 AM   #4
Trustee

Running the actual EXE should make no difference. All the usual shortcuts (in the startup menu and the desktop) do is run the EXE anyway.

If nothing is happening, it looks like a corrupt file: The EXE or one or more DLLs. So, yes, uninstalling and then installing a fresh copy would be the first thing I would try.

Beyond that, it is hard to say anything since you did not tell us anything about your system, such as what version of Windows, 32 or 64 bits, the amount of RAM, disk space, and such.
Adam Stanislav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2011, 01:14 PM   #5
Major Player

Yes it is a legal copy, I'm running on a Windows XP 32-bit system, Dual-core 2.33 GHZ with 3 GB of Ram.

It was working fine a few weeks ago the last time I used it. I have rebooted and still the same thing. I guess I will try un-installing it and re-installing it.
Old March 14th, 2011, 02:07 PM   #6
Inner Circle

Adam must know something about how your specs could cause your issue, I'm not sure why we need your specs, but thanks for posting them.
Old March 14th, 2011, 07:35 PM   #7
Trustee

The specs look good. I would definitely try reinstalling and see if that helps. If not, the next thing to do would be any new software installed recently, something that may be using up too much memory. But first let us see if reinstalling works.
Adam Stanislav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2011, 08:09 PM   #8
Major Player

The reason I ask is because a lot of people complained about Vegas not starting up when it was in fact the crack that broke it, another good reminder to keep things legal. In general when working with software that is malfunctioning uninstall and manually deleted any files left behind by uninstaller & try re-installing. If for whatever reason the problem persists and your operating system is filled with junk software its always a good idea to install a fresh copy of Windows especially when you are using Windows XP.
Nicholas de Kock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2011, 10:02 PM   #9
Inner Circle

Jeff, keep us posted and let us know how it works out.
Old March 15th, 2011, 09:52 PM   #10
Regular Crew

If the splash page comes up, watch the initiation, and see where it hangs up. Some NewBlue FX cause problems with Vegas 10 ini also. If you have NewBlue FX, cut the folder from plugins, and paste to desktop, and try running Vegas.
I had this same problem a while back. Mine hung up on directx. Removing NewBlue solved the problem for me, even though it loaded the FX fine previously. This is not my discovery, I found it by Googleing. It seemed to be a common problem.
Worth a try.
Steve Boutin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2011, 10:00 PM   #11
Inner Circle

Good information, seems I've heard of that too.
Old March 16th, 2011, 06:35 AM   #12
Sponsor: JET DV

The current version of all NewBlueFX plugins work fine in Vegas. There may be some issues at times running older versions of the plugins in newer versions of Vegas. Some updates were definitely required when Vegas Pro 10 was released plus they all now support OpenFX as well.
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2011, 08:47 AM   #13
Regular Crew

Sometimes Vegas will crash or stay running even if closed properly. Then you might have a problem trying to start it again. I know, you can run multiple copies of Vegas (I do all the time) but I've had this situation where Vegas won't start. So I go to the Windows Task Manager and kill the task (see it as vegas100.exe).
Jim Greene is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...