DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   Sony Vegas Pro 10 SLIP SLEEVE ?? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/493222-sony-vegas-pro-10-slip-sleeve.html)

Don Parrish March 17th, 2011 11:34 AM

Sony Vegas Pro 10 SLIP SLEEVE ??

I guess I am getting ready to take the plunge. I found the 'Sony Vegas 10 Pro slip sleeve' for half the price. Is this just simply the same version without the fancy box etc ? You have to download your own manual etc.

Thanks for any help.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/748275-REG/Sony_SVDVD10OEM2_Vegas_Pro_10_Slip.html

Mike Kujbida March 17th, 2011 12:46 PM

Re: Sony Vegas Pro 10 SLIP SLEEVE ??

Be VERY careful as the B&H posting has no mention of DVD Architect anywhere.

If all you want is Vegas, then yes, it's a good deal but if you want Vegas and DVD Architect, then you're going to be disappointed if you go with this offer.

We haven't gotten a fancy box since (I think) version 6.
The only "manual" that might come with it is the Quick Start guide.
The full manual would be on the CD and odds are that both the program and manual are older version that you're going to have to update online anyway.

Don Parrish March 17th, 2011 12:49 PM

I was watching that because adorama said no architect included but this is in the second paragraph of the B & H listing

"As with past versions of Vegas, camera and format support remain cutting-edge, while the abundance of effects, filters, and audio and color-correction tools is unsurpassed in a standalone NLE. Add to that the full pro version of DVD Architect, which provides DVD and Blu-ray authoring and burning"

Mike Kujbida March 17th, 2011 12:57 PM

Thanks Don.
I really do need my new glasses :)
Since DVDA is included, go for it.

Don Parrish March 17th, 2011 02:14 PM

I was a little worried about the wording, "add to that DVD architect pro &"

So I went back and double checked the "what's in the box" block on the bottom right, and it is there

What's in the Box
Sony Vegas Pro 10 (Slip Sleeve)

Vegas Pro 10
DVD Architect Pro 5.2

Dale Guthormsen March 17th, 2011 03:37 PM

This is a pretty good deal!!

What,s the catch???? Thats just about update price!

Michael Wisniewski March 17th, 2011 07:27 PM

With Apple's success at shifting software sales into the App Store, Sony may be following suit and clearing out the stock of boxed software.

I just got an email recently discounting all the boxed Sony Acid Loops by 75% as long as supplies last, after that Sony Acid Loops will only be available via download. Sony may be doing the same thing with boxed copies of Vegas, Acid etc.

Chris Barcellos March 17th, 2011 09:33 PM

My Vegas 7 box is beginning to bulge with all the update codes, serial numbers and copies of free programs that I have accrued since beginning with 7.

Michael Wisniewski March 17th, 2011 11:23 PM

Chris, why don't you use the Sony website to manage all that? My account keeps track of all my Sony software purchases and product registrations going back several years. It's very handy and much more efficient.

Don Parrish March 18th, 2011 05:44 AM

Dale,
I believe it is just that it comes in the DVD holders and not a big fancy retail box. So my next guess is no manual or very limited documentation. Download your own manual. I tried to get a hold of B & H by using chat but it was down. I looked at the Sony site and it does not list the slip sleeve product.

Martin Wiosna March 26th, 2011 04:05 PM

i wish i read this thread earlier, just bought my vegas 10 off ebay for $360...