DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   Issue burning Blu-Ray with dvd architect 5.0 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/493748-issue-burning-blu-ray-dvd-architect-5-0-a.html)

Josh Monk March 28th, 2011 09:43 PM

Issue burning Blu-Ray with dvd architect 5.0

I'm trying to burn my film on to a 50gb Verbatim BD-R DL. I've rendered my video and audio and all seems fine with that. It goes through the motions and gets to the point where it says burning lead ins and shows no progress bar or anything. Next thing I know it says disc was burnt but there is nothing on the disc. Also if I try to use the same disc again it won't accept it. I'm just wondering if anyone has had this issue. Like I said not showing any error messages tells me it completed the burn and nothing. Any help would be very appreciated.

Jeff Harper March 29th, 2011 01:46 AM

Re: Issue burning Blu-Ray with dvd architect 5.0

It was suggested to me to buy a Buray rewritable disc to test with, it will save you money and you won't have to burn coasters.

I can't help you with your problem otherwise as the symtoms don't jump out at me.

It sounds like it could be lots of things, unfortunately. Bad disc, bad burner, or your original files are not of the correct type...sorry I can't be of more help.

David Johns March 29th, 2011 06:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Josh Monk (Post 1632796)
I'm trying to burn my film on to a 50gb Verbatim BD-R DL. I've rendered my video and audio and all seems fine with that. It goes through the motions and gets to the point where it says burning lead ins and shows no progress bar or anything. Next thing I know it says disc was burnt but there is nothing on the disc. Also if I try to use the same disc again it won't accept it. I'm just wondering if anyone has had this issue. Like I said not showing any error messages tells me it completed the burn and nothing. Any help would be very appreciated.

You won't be able to use the disc again once any burning has happened as it's a BD-R (write once) disc.

Does your project HAVE to go on a dual-layer disc, will it not fit on a 25 GB single-layer disc?

Regards
David

Josh Monk March 29th, 2011 07:00 AM

Actually it would fit on a single layer disc. It's coming up just under 20gb in total size. Could it be a problem with the disc being double layer? I guess I just don't understand why it is saying that the burn completed but there is absolutely nothing on the disc. Could it be an issue with dvd architect. I guess I should mention I did just get the blu-ray burner it's a buffalo external blu-ray burner.

Josh Monk March 29th, 2011 07:03 AM

My project was filmed with a sony v1u. So it was filmed with hdv 24p and then captured as hdv 1440x1080 into vegas pro. I then rendered into 1440x1080 25mbps. Could it just be an issue with my render settings? I wasn't completely sure which to use this is my first attempt to put the film on blu-ray. We've been downconverting to sd dvd's until now.

Jeff Harper March 29th, 2011 08:00 AM

One thing is for certain, the original disc you used is toast. Get a bluray RW asap so you can find out what is happening. The disc could have been bad, it could be your burner, it could be anything.

Josh Monk March 30th, 2011 05:23 AM

Well still not sure what the issue is with Dvd Architect. Was not able to get it to burn the film on blu-ray so I just used it to prepare everything to be burnt and used another software on our computer for the actual burn. It all work out fine and looks amazing. Maybe in the future I can figure out what the issue is but if not I have a pretty easy work around. Thanks for all the input.