DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   Windows 7 Service Pack 1 For 64 bit (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/494138-windows-7-service-pack-1-64-bit.html)

D.J. Ammons April 5th, 2011 01:29 PM

Windows 7 Service Pack 1 For 64 bit

Before I download and install the Windows 7 Service Pack 1 for 64 bit I wanted to make sure nothing in it will cause issues with Sony Vegas Pro 10. Does anybody know?

Chip Gallo April 5th, 2011 01:53 PM

Re: Windows 7 Service Pack 1 For 64 bit

I had no trouble with it. Vegas Pro 10.c

D.J. Ammons April 5th, 2011 01:53 PM

Thanks Chip!

Stephen Sobel April 5th, 2011 04:22 PM

No problems here either!

Leslie Wand April 5th, 2011 05:05 PM

ditto here as well - no problems....

Ali Jafri April 6th, 2011 06:58 AM

But does it actually help? With Windows XP there were instances when people complained that installing the service packs would make their systems slower. What sort of changes are you experiencing with Windows 7 service pack 1?

Gene Gajewski April 6th, 2011 07:11 AM

Haven't had any problems with SP1. I don't expect that most people would notice any difference - SP's are for the most part, roll ups of past hotfixes.

Chip Gallo April 7th, 2011 07:16 AM

Haven't noticed any performance change since SP1. If I am not in the middle of a project, I usually install the critical maintenance releases anyway, and SP1 is (as previously stated) a roll up of these previous releases. I will say that the download version of SP1 did NOT work for me and I had to get a DVD with the files on it to run locally.

Stan Harkleroad July 29th, 2011 04:45 PM

Resurrecting an older topic here. Has anyone noticed any problems since this?

I'm running Pro 10c and just let Windows install Service Pack and Vegas keeps crashing while I'm trying to work on a project. I just finished another more complex project a few days ago and had zero problems. SP1 is the only thing that has changed in the time between these 2 projects.

Leslie Wand July 29th, 2011 04:59 PM

+sp1 and no problems (10e/64bit)

Stan Harkleroad July 29th, 2011 06:04 PM

It's still crashing constantly now for me. I uninstalled SP1 and now under Programs and Features Windows is showing a whole list of updates it installed today even though I had turned updating off.

Edit:
Not really sure what's going on. The project that keeps crashing is one I started a couple weeks ago and shelved while I worked on another. The second project is not having any issues. The original project is crashing now constantly. I'm going to look at one of the audio files in this project next as a possible culprit. I did some noise removal on that file with a new editing program so maybe there's some issue there for some weird reason.

Stan Harkleroad July 30th, 2011 06:30 AM

That's really weird. I ran an audio file through Izotope RX2 to remove some noise. The clip was from a lapel mic I had clipped on a groom from a recent wedding. There was some background noise I wanted to see if Izotope could get rid of. Apparently the file I scrubbed is now causing the project to crash. I took it out and now everything seems to be fine.

So I guess I'm going to have to re-sync the original file and either leave it as-is or try some other method of noise removal.

George Palmier July 31st, 2011 11:28 AM

What about trying Audacity for nosie removal. Its free so worth giving it a try.

Phil Lee July 31st, 2011 11:58 AM

Hi

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stan Harkleroad (Post 1671214)
That's really weird. I ran an audio file through Izotope RX2 to remove some noise. The clip was from a lapel mic I had clipped on a groom from a recent wedding. There was some background noise I wanted to see if Izotope could get rid of. Apparently the file I scrubbed is now causing the project to crash. I took it out and now everything seems to be fine.

So I guess I'm going to have to re-sync the original file and either leave it as-is or try some other method of noise removal.

I had a similar problem when I pulled in a different audio file, the project starting crashing. After a lot of troubleshooting it turned out to be because Sony Vegas wasn't liking the fact I was mixing different sampling rates, in this case 96KHz and 48KHz. If I set project settings to 96KHz it was happier but started crashing during rendering. Converting the 96KHz sample file to 48KHz fixed the problem.

So if your file has a different sampling rate, try converting to match the others.

Regards

Phil