DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   Ram render setting in V10 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/496371-ram-render-setting-v10.html)

Herm Stork May 24th, 2011 06:33 PM

Ram render setting in V10

I'm setting up Vegas 10 on a new computer and can't remember how to fix this...I know it's something simple...if I highlight a section to Ram render, then click 'shift + B', the highlighted section changes to the start of the clip. What do I need to change? Thanks in advance.

Richard Green May 25th, 2011 04:25 PM

Re: Ram render setting in V10

Herm,
As well as selecting the clip, you have to mark the area of the clip that you want to ram preview.
Double click the clip and you will see at the top of the timeline a grey line appear with two yellow arrows at either end, this is the Loop Region, move the arrows to cover the area you want to preview and then press your shift+B.

I think this is what you are asking!

Regards
RichardG

Herm Stork May 26th, 2011 12:31 PM

Re: Ram render setting in v10

I didn't explain this very well...I have created a "loop" region. I have "render loop region only" checked. When I click shift + B, the loop region changes, extending the left side to the begining of the clip and it does not render anything.

Richard Green May 26th, 2011 05:06 PM

Hi Herm,
Looks like vegas 10d Dynamic Ram Preview is broken. I just tried what you described and sure enough it has a mind of it's own. So tried it in 10c and it works as you and I expect, perfectly!

Having said that, my version of 10d is on a machine with windows 7 installed and my 10c version is on
a totally different slower machine running XPpro.

So we need other people to come in here and confirm one way or the other, any takers?

Regards
RichardG

Leslie Wand May 26th, 2011 05:34 PM

shift+b working fine here 7/64 with 10d/64

Herm Stork May 26th, 2011 05:41 PM

I thought it may be a 10d issue.

Richard Green May 27th, 2011 01:16 AM

Thanks Leslie,
I'm using 32bit vegas 10d on win 7

RichardG

Herm Stork May 27th, 2011 10:33 AM

More info...I'm using windows 7/64 with 10d/64. I can't figure out the solution.

Mike Kujbida May 27th, 2011 10:48 AM

This problem has been reported by a few users on the Sony Vegas forum too so it definitely sounds like a bug.
Best bet is to send an email to Tech Support outlining your problem in the hopes that they can come up with a fix.

Richard Green May 27th, 2011 01:06 PM

I have done, Mike.
Not heard anything yet.

Regards
Richard

Mike Kujbida May 27th, 2011 01:30 PM

Be very patient Richard.
Some posters on the Sony forums are saying that they've waited 10 days or longer before hearing anything.
Not even a "thanks, we got your email" notice to acknowledge that they got it :(

Richard Green May 28th, 2011 01:12 AM

Hi Mike,
I know what your saying, but a few weeks ago I posted to them another problem I had with vegas and they were very prompt with their answer (didn't cure the problem though). And I've always had confirmation of my queries. It might be that I'm on their primesupport list.
We shall see, not holding my breath.

Richard

Magnus Helander May 28th, 2011 01:28 PM

You can re-assign Dynamic Ram Preview to another key combination using Customize on the menu.
I had the same problem, I believe there is an plugin/effect package which 'steals' the shift-B combination, but I have no idea which one it could be..

Richard Green June 23rd, 2011 04:02 PM

If anyone is still interested, I have been in lengthy communication with Sony about the above problem, had to send some video and screen grabs to show/prove what was/is happening. I've set up another computer on win 7 64bit installed vegas 10d on it and still get the same problem.
This is the latest post I've had from Sony regarding this issue:-

"Hi Richard,

Thank you for writing back.

Because this incident involves very detailed technical aspects of the programming and design of our software, I will be consulting with our Development and QA team to try and resolve this issue.

Please understand, that because this issue is so technical in nature, and because these other teams have a rather large workload, it may take some time to solve this problem. I will be setting this incident to development status during this time and will update this incident once I have further information from them. Thank you for your patience while we continue to research this matter.

If you still have a follow-up question on this particular incident, please feel free to update it. If you have a completely different question, please create a new incident.

Sincerely,

Nate P.
Customer Service & Technical Support
Sony Creative Software Inc
www.sonycreativesoftware.com"

Richard

Richard Green June 27th, 2011 02:10 PM

And below from Sony is to confirm what I thought.

Hi Richard,

Thank you for writing back.

I spoke with our development team on this. They are aware of the bug and have logged it in the system. I would suggest that you continue to download any updates that come out for Vegas. If for some reason you still see the issue, please submit another incident and reference this one: 110527-000002.

If you still have a follow-up question on this particular incident, please feel free to update it. If you have a completely different question, please create a new incident.

Sincerely,

Nate P.
Customer Service & Technical Support
Sony Creative Software Inc
Sony Creative Software - Vegas video - ACID & Sound Forge audio editing

Regards
RichardG