DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   speed up realtime effects in vegas 10 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/496689-speed-up-realtime-effects-vegas-10-a.html)

Mohammed Al-Saber June 2nd, 2011 03:23 AM

speed up realtime effects in vegas 10

Hello I'm working with a laptop (win) and used sony vegas pro 10 and I do to correct color of Magic Bullet Looks and NewBlue so I need to speed up realtime effects I want to tell me ways to help.
thanks

Leslie Wand June 2nd, 2011 03:36 AM

Re: speed up realtime effects in vegas 10

what laptop? specs please.....

Jeff Harper June 2nd, 2011 05:09 AM

Mohammed, Magic Bullet is very slow on any computer, especially a laptop. This is a common problem. There is nothing you can do to make it go faster.

Best thing is to be patient, or use NewBlue effects.

Mohammed Al-Saber June 4th, 2011 05:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mohammed Al-Saber (Post 1654881)
Hello I'm working with a laptop (win) and used sony vegas pro 10 and I do to correct color of Magic Bullet Looks and NewBlue so I need to speed up realtime effects I want to tell me ways to help.
thanks

I am researching what helps me in this topic
And it saddens me that the company does not support matrox sony vegas pro 10 for Render speed and realtime effects

Jeff Harper June 4th, 2011 08:01 AM

Yes, it's too bad.

I stopped using magic bullet, it is too time consuming.

David Jimerson June 4th, 2011 08:32 AM

The philosophy behind Vegas being software-only is that they wanted to keep it lean and able to run well on pretty much any hardware.

Mohammed Al-Saber June 5th, 2011 12:09 AM

David,Jeff,Leslie and all,
Do you find that supports realtime for Sony Vegas at Cineform

Chris Barcellos June 5th, 2011 12:28 AM

Cineform's Firstlight give footage instantaneous treatment and .lut application. Essentially its like setting your camera for a certain shooting setting after the fact.

Leslie Wand June 5th, 2011 12:55 AM

can't really comment since i don't use cineform. when necessary i've always used sony's .mxf instead. it stands up to what i need to do without a problem.

since i no longer use mb (10d/64bit only), can't comment, other than when i did use them they were a real render bender.

in all honesty i think if your working in hdv / avchd upwards then, unless you buy an overpriced 'gaming' laptop, you're always going to suffer realtime previewing.

that said, it's the only hang-up i really have with vegas - it's continued use of vfw