DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   Can Anyone help with this? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/497005-can-anyone-help.html)

Gerald Webb June 10th, 2011 11:28 AM

Can Anyone help with this?

1 Attachment(s)
Tried encoding this file twice, both versions crash Vegas.
Will import ok, even open and play in trimmer.
But when dropped on the timeline, it pauses and then packs up.
The file is a Cineform avi.
Thanx in advance.

Ron German June 10th, 2011 11:42 AM

Re: Can Anyone help with this?

Gerald
I don`t know if my case is similar to yours, but I`ve had VERY serious problems with Cineform codecs - Neoscene - and the same after changed to Neo - with my 90` feature documentary, so can`t master it in the "tradicicional" way (using Vegas 9e and 10d).
I mean, acording to the correct render procedures, I can`t have my film master (rendered).
A BIG nightmare!

Adam Stanislav June 10th, 2011 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gerald Webb (Post 1657324)
Tried encoding this file twice, both versions crash Vegas.

Your attachment clearly shows it is not Vegas that causes the crash, it is the Cineform decoder. You should forward the information from that error message to whoever produces the Cineform codec because the error message suggests there is a bug in it.

I am puzzled about one thing that error message shows: It seems to be a 64-bit codec that is installed in the directory for 32-bit programs, i.e., a subdirectory of C:\Program Files (x86). Unless you explicitly told the installer to put it there, it suggests the installer may have thought it was installing some 32-bit software. Since the registry on 64-bit Windows uses a different layout for 32-bit software and 64-bit software, the problem might even be caused by an entry written to the wrong section of the Windows registry (written there by the setup software when you installed the codec).

I am not using any Cineform software, so I am just analyzing the error message without having actually seen that codec in action.

Gerald Webb June 10th, 2011 01:20 PM

thanks guys,
Adam, I was wondering about that too ,
I reinstalled Cineform Neo just to check, Im just assuming it knows where to go.
The file opens fine in Premiere, After Effects, First Light ( Cineform CC software) and WMP.
Could it still be a prob with the codec if its just not working in Vegas?

Gerald Webb June 10th, 2011 02:34 PM

Update,
Rendered it as a Cineform mov file, now it will import into Vegas fine, no crashes,
but, ( there's always a but)
Every other frame is black. I can change undersample rate to .5 and it plays fine, if you like that old projector look.
fun fun fun.
Who do I complain to first?
Cineform? it works in everything else fine.
Sony? as Adam said, it says its a Cineform error.

Adam Stanislav June 11th, 2011 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gerald Webb (Post 1657352)
Could it still be a prob with the codec if its just not working in Vegas?

That’s what the error message says. And that message comes from Windows, not Vegas. So, yes.