DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   DVD architect "invalid data" MPEG processing error...HELP!! (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/497015-dvd-architect-invalid-data-mpeg-processing-error-help.html)

Ian Slessor June 10th, 2011 03:26 PM

DVD architect "invalid data" MPEG processing error...HELP!!

Hey all,

I'm cutting in Vegas Pro 10 and had all my ducks in a row for DVD creation.

Video rendered to mpg2 and audio in ac3 in Vegas 10.

I drop it into DVDA 5+ and it processes until the very end and gives me the following error.

WARNING: An error occurred while writing a file. Invalid data was encountered when processing an MPEG file.

I've rerendered the footage 4 times now in Vegas 10 and each time I drop it into DVDA I get that message.

I even went back and rendered out in Vegas Pro 8 instead thinking 10 was giving me issues AND did DVD prep in original DVDA 5 but still that damned error!

I took a project I'd done a couple of weeks ago ran it through DVDA and it prepped fine so clearly there's an issue with this file and I don't know why.
Frankly it's frustrating.

All naming conventions have been followed for that file (mpg2 & ac3 have same name)
This is a long file with compression that, frankly, has me thinking of putting it on 2 discs.
Show is 2hours 36 minutes and I'm rendering at an average bitrate of 3,400,000 with max set at 8,000,000 and min at 3,000,000.

The mpg2 file DOES play in Windows Media player so I'm unsure what's going on.

Any ideas?

I've been doing this for 7 years and this is the first time I've had any serious issues.

sincerely,

ian

David Jimerson June 10th, 2011 05:58 PM

Re: DVD architect "invalid data" MPEG processing error...HELP!!

Is it too big for the DVD?

Ian Slessor June 10th, 2011 06:04 PM

Hi David,

Nope.

DVDA shows it at 96% of disc space.
Plenty of room.

I think I'm going to follow through with making this a two disc setup for a cleaner, less compressed image.
Maybe that'll help clear it up.

Any other ideas, Dave?

Mike Kujbida June 10th, 2011 09:42 PM

Ian, try it with a 2-pass VBR at 6,240,000 / 3,560,000 / 2,136,000
I've done it once using a bitrate this low and the quality was acceptable but the source footage (a stage play) was from a good 3 chip camera (1/2" CCDs) and the stage was well lit for the whole show (i.e. no extremes in lighting).
Try these numbers on a small section using the worst possible footage in it and see what you think.

David Jimerson June 11th, 2011 06:42 AM

Well, the 96% is an estimate, so I do think you're in the risk zone for it being too big for the disc, especially if you have several menus, or even a single video menu. If it waits until the very end to give you the error, I have to think there's a strong possibility it's just too big.

Jim Greene June 11th, 2011 06:51 AM

You might want to delete the entire directory where you are trying to build the DVD files, or use a new directory. I found this thread which alludes to that: DVDA3 encounters invalid data when processing an MPEG file? : Sony Vegas