DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   DVDA 5 (Next Button) Issue with BR (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/497031-dvda-5-next-button-issue-br.html)

John Peterson June 11th, 2011 07:14 AM

DVDA 5 (Next Button) Issue with BR

I rendered a Blu-ray file from Vegas 8 as I have done before, but I forgot to save the chapter markers this time. I added the chapter markers in DVDA then inserted Scene Selection Menu and the chapters were automatically named and created. I do this routinely with DVD creation and it always works.

The button properties for Next, etc are enabled same as for DVDs.

Using the Navigation tool in DVDA all looks correct on the menu pages. End actions the same. In fact I loaded a regular DVD project side by side and A-B compared the settings for the menus and they matched.

Preview works flawlessly using the on-screen remote. Next (skip) and Previous work no matter how you navigate.

So I authored the iso and burned it with ImgBurn.

But when using a BR player you can click PLAY and when the movie starts you can navigate using the Next and Previous buttons, but as soon as you use the Scene Selection menu even once the Next and Previous buttons no longer function no matter what you do. You can go back to the main menu and hit PLAY again and now the Next and Previous buttons no longer work.

To summarize:

1. Hit PLAY.
2. Movie plays. Navigation buttons for Next and Previous work flawlessly.
3. Go back to Main Menu. Navigate into Scene Selection. Choose a Chapter. Start playing the Chapter. Next and Previous do not work.
4. Go back to Main Menu.
5. Hit PLAY
6. Next and Previous no longer work.

The only difference I can see is that I manually entered the chapters from DVDA for the BR disc. That has always worked for a regular DVD, but it seems to be the only thing different from what I have previously done for my Blu-rays.

Anyone run into this problem and have a solution?

John

David Jimerson June 11th, 2011 07:31 AM

Re: DVDA 5 (Next Button) Issue with BR

Could just have been a glitch in the burn or in the creation of the ISO file.

John Peterson June 11th, 2011 10:50 AM

Could just have been a glitch in the burn or in the creation of the ISO file.
===========
Thanks for the reply David,

I created the iso file twice and burned them with two different programs.

I haven't tried burning it with DVDA. I usually don't do that, but I could try it.

I have 12 entries in each of two scene selection menu pages. I think that is OK for a Blu-ray. I know it is for a DVD. I could also try eliminating the motion thumbnails and just leave the text.

John

Victor Wilcox June 11th, 2011 03:15 PM

I don't know if it's related to your problem, but there's an issue with still image backgrounds in blu-ray projects. Using a video background keeps the disc from freezing.

I don't remember for certain whether it's for the menu backgrounds or the Disc Start background.

John Peterson June 12th, 2011 05:17 AM

there's an issue with still image backgrounds in blu-ray projects. Using a video background keeps the disc from freezing.

I have used the still images on the title page before. In fact the default background for the menu and sub-menu pages are jpgs I believe.

Thanks for the input Victor. Much appreciated.

John

Dale Guthormsen June 12th, 2011 12:33 PM

Good afternoon,

I had the same issue and as Victor stated, using a motion graphic behind it solved the problem. I would go back and do it in 5.0 for a comparison!! sounds rediculous but sense I have done so all the menus I have made work correctly. someone else posted that theirs does still no problem, makes one wonder what the real issue is!!!

John Peterson June 13th, 2011 06:20 AM

OK thanks,

I'll try it and post back.

I am assuming that the motion menu background is for only the scene selection pages or is that for the main menu page as well? Victor wasn't sure. Right now I have a photo image for the main menu page and the default backgrounds for the two scene selection pages.

Also, at what resolution did you add the video background for the menu pages?

Also, I rendered an Mpeg 2 from Vegas. I wonder if an AVC (H264) render would exhibit the same problem.

John

Victor Wilcox June 13th, 2011 07:55 AM

I may have been confused with an Encore CS4 issue. I haven't found the reference.

John Peterson June 13th, 2011 04:11 PM

1. Changed the main menu to a video background instead of a still. Rendered and burned.

Same problem.

2. Got rid of the motion menu thumbnails in favor of text only on the scene selection pages. Rendered and burned.

Same problem.

3. Combined the second scene selection page with the first scene selection page. Rendered and burned.

Same problem.

Moral of the story. Must be a bug in the program so don't insert your own chapters in DVDA when authoring a Blu-ray. If you forget to insert your markers in Vegas go back and re-render the whole thing with the markers included.

John