DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   DVD Architecht 5 does't recognise R/W DVD disc (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/497236-dvd-architecht-5-doest-recognise-r-w-dvd-disc.html)

Roy Alexander June 16th, 2011 04:18 AM

DVD Architecht 5 does't recognise R/W DVD disc

Can anyone explain to me why Architect 5 only recognises a Ridisc R/W DVD disc the first time of use only. What happened was. a friend asked me to make some animated text to open his videos. A logo I suppose without a symbol. I did this as a Standard def 4x3 file using VMS 10 HD platinum and they all look good on playback from the timeline. Then clicked on make movie and followed instructions and eventually transferred to DVDA 5. I used a new Risdisc R/W DVD disc and made the D VD. So far so good. On playback however the animation was severely jerky and completely unusable. So I repeated the procedure and Architecht 5 would not recognise the R/W disc and so could not erase it. Oh well I thought, something must be wrong with the disc so I repeated everything with another used once Ridisc R/W DVD disc and Architect would not recognise this one also. I was about to give up when I remembered I had another DVD authoring programme which I had not used for years so I thought I would Try it. I rendered the logo programme on VMS10 timeline to an AVI. I then inserted the rendered programme into an old Sonic MYDVD deluxe and this immediately recognised the Disc that Architect wouldn't and proceeded to burn the DVD and the result was perfectly smooth animation. If anybody can throw any light on why this happened with architect I will be grateful.

Jeff Harper June 16th, 2011 05:21 AM

Re: DVD Architecht 5 does't recognise R/W DVD disc

Couple of things, Roy.

While DVDA should have handled the avi you created just fine, I would suggest you intead render out of Vegas to a compliant mpeg 2 file that DVDA will not have to re-encode, if you are making a DVD.

However if you are delivering a file to your friend for his integration into his own videos, then you do not want to use DVDA at all, or any DVD authoring program. You will want to deliver an .avi file to him as a data file.

Anyway, can't help you on the specific disc issue, I would just use different discs, I suppose. Sorry I coudn't be more help.

Roy Alexander June 17th, 2011 10:43 AM

Jeff. I have actually put the logos on a mini cassette tape for my friend to transfer to his harddrive on a PC. I made the dvd for him to view the logos on his TV saving him the trouble of connecting his camcorder to the TV. He is elderly and infirm and eyes not to good for fiddling with small sockets and plugs. Everything has worked well for him and he had no trouble viewing the logos on his TV. Thanks for your interest.

Roy Alexander June 19th, 2011 10:37 AM

Just as a matter of interest I have just purchased from a PC stall on a market some Verbatim DVD-RW discs with a recording speed of 4X. I am happy to say that Architect 5 recognised them and I have used one disc 4 times by architect and each time it has been erased and a new programme written on it ok. My latest LG burner accepts it both for burning normal DVD's and Blu-ray discs. Also my Panasonic DVD recorder recognises the discs for burning and playback. My latest Pioneer burner is also ok with them but my older Pioneer burner in another PC will not recognise the new discs although it happily accepts Verbatin DVD-RW speed 2X. I am presuming that two types of Verbatim need certain burners to use them. Anyway I am happy with the outcome.