Video of Problem with Magic Bullet Looks Plugin at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old June 20th, 2011, 02:09 AM   #1
Major Player

Video of Problem with Magic Bullet Looks Plugin

I was working in Sony Vegas Pro 10.0d and using Magic Bullet Looks 1.4.2 fine for awhile, then one day, it just suddenly stopped working. It crashed like shown in this video:

YouTube - ‪Magic Bullets Looks 1.4.2 PROBLEM w/ Sony Vegas Pro 10.0d‬‏

I asked this question before, but people suggested that it was impossible that this could happen if I didn't change something on my computer. I did not change anything on my computer. All settings, hardware, drivers, etc. stayed the same. In fact, I was in the middle of a Vegas project happily color correcting a few clips, then as I went to color edit another clip, then crashed occurred!

Then I bought a Canon 60D which came bundled with Magic Bullets Quicklooks, so I installed that, and low and behold, all of a suddenly normal Looks worked again. Again, I didn't change anything (other than install QuickLooks, a stripped down version of Looks).

So I continued editing for a month or so fine again using Magic Bullet Looks. Then today, I was working on another project, happily color correcting some clips, then I tried to color correct another clip on the same timeline/project when the crash occurred again.

Even rebooting the comp didn't help. Even uninstalling and re-installing didn't help. Even uninstalling and reinstalling Quicklooks didn't help.

Any ideas what causes this crash? It literally goes from working fine to crash.
Zhong Cheung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2011, 06:56 AM   #2
Trustee

Re: Video of Problem with Magic Bullet Looks Plugin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhong Cheung View Post
I did not change anything on my computer.
These days computers change by themselves. All kinds of background processes and automatic updates. Plus every time you save a file, you change something on your computer. As the number of files grows, the free disk space shrinks, which limits the availability of virtual memory and of space for temporary files. And even when you delete files, Windows generally does not free the disk space, just marks the file as being in the Recycle Bin, which you then need to empty.

Panta rhei.
Adam Stanislav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2011, 02:26 PM   #3
Inner Circle

Re: Video of Problem with Magic Bullet Looks Plugin

For lack of any ideas, I would add that you open MSCONFIG and turn off all start up items. If you have Nero installed, this is particularly important. Will it help? I don't know, but you should likely do this anyway. If you end up turning anything off that must be turned back on, you will find out later, but few applications actually "need" to start up automatically. Good luck.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...