DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   Twixtor for Vegas is out!! (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/497925-twixtor-vegas-out.html)

Prech Marton June 30th, 2011 11:21 PM

Twixtor for Vegas is out!!

Really:
RE:Vision Effects, Inc. : Company: Press Releases

Nicholas de Kock July 1st, 2011 04:42 AM

Re: Twixtor for Vegas is out!!

Sweet! Now I just need to figure out how Twixtor works!

Jim Greene July 1st, 2011 05:42 AM

I thought slow-motion was an editing style of the past or used for nature films (like running tigers)?

Sean Seah July 1st, 2011 10:19 AM

Wow u r quick! Great news.

Nicholas de Kock July 1st, 2011 10:56 AM

Jim people love slow motion now more than ever, cheesy slow motion is a thing of the past but slow motion is hot just look at all the shows they have on TV dedicated to slow motion eg. Time Warp.

Jim Greene July 1st, 2011 04:47 PM

Yeah, Discovery Channel stuff, like Myth Busters, and running tigers. I guess it has a specific purpose for scientific/nature media. IMO, it's still cheesy for events and wedding films.

Glenn Thomas July 1st, 2011 05:55 PM

Brilliant!

Do any of you know how their licensing works for this Vegas version? I don't see it mentioned in the press release.

Justin Molush July 1st, 2011 06:44 PM

Twixtor - for those of us who can't afford a Phantom.

Which is most of us...

Ali Jafri July 13th, 2011 06:30 AM

red screen when applying twixtor for Vegas 64bit

1 Attachment(s)
Am I the only one that gets a red preview screen when applying Twixtor in Vegas Pro 10 64-bit? I've tried everything but it always gives me the same result. What am I doing wrong?

Chris Amana July 13th, 2011 01:00 PM

Ali Jafri, I'm also getting Red Frames On 64 Bit.

Ali Jafri July 13th, 2011 01:05 PM

Red Twixtor

Can anyone solve the mystery of the red screen for Chris and I?

Chris Amana July 13th, 2011 01:22 PM

When I installled it i received a message saying 'It did not install properly' however Twixtor was still accessible in FX.

Seemed to work okay until I upped the speed and then I got the Red frame bug.

: )

Jim Snow July 13th, 2011 08:30 PM

Please keep us posted on problems. I'm interested in buying it but I want to be sure it works properly first.

Nicholas de Kock July 16th, 2011 03:33 AM

I also had the red frame issue so I re-installed my system from scratch not because of the red frame issues but mainly because I felt my system was cluttered with junk, after that I had no red frame issues running Vegas 10e however I still don't know how to actually use the plug-in.

Pierre Jasmin August 1st, 2011 11:41 AM

Note: You will get a red or blue frame if you set Speed parameter to under 0% and you are then asking in essence to get a frame before the first one. We should perhaps pop up a warning box.

Here's from the doc:
"Note on negative speed: A Speed% of -100.00 does not simply flip the original sequence so that it plays backwards starting at frame 0. Imagine the play head on your clip. If you are at the beginning of the clip and you tell the machine (Twixtor in this case) to start playing backward, then there's nothing before the clip starting position to play. That's why you will not see a result with a negative speed as the first keyframe. If you play the clip at 100% for a while, then put in a –30% keyframe (or other negative value) at the place where you want to start playing backward you will see proper results."

Pierre
RE:Vision Effects