Final Cut X is so Vegas-like at DVinfo.net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old July 3rd, 2011, 12:09 PM   #1
Trustee
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Bristol, CT (Home of EPSN)
Posts: 1,182
Final Cut X is so Vegas-like

Too bad Sony didn't bother to port Vegas to the Mac. The new X has definitely been influenced by Vegas. Now. I hope Sony returns the favor by incorporating some of FCX's features, such as color matching and background processing. And of course, a 64-bit engine.

I was never a big fan of Final Cut, but this new one is a winner. Amazingly, many of the previous FC users don't recognize the the benefits.Of course, Apple left out a number of old features, which is what much of the clamor is about.
__________________
Paul Cascio
www.pictureframingschool.com
Paul Cascio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2011, 12:57 PM   #2
Inner Circle
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Windsor, ON Canada
Posts: 2,765
Re: Final Cut X is so Vegas-like

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Cascio View Post
Amazingly, many of the previous FC users don't recognize the the benefits.
I know of 2 production/post production houses, 2 educational institutions, one cable company and a casino in the area who have taken a look at it and have all said "absolutely no way" to FCP X.

Quote:
Of course, Apple left out a number of old features, which is what much of the clamor is about.
And that's why they've said what they've said.
Too many features that they rely on for their daily work are no longer there.
Mike Kujbida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2011, 02:58 PM   #3
Regular Crew
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: San Diego, California
Posts: 119
Re: Final Cut X is so Vegas-like

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Cascio View Post
Too bad Sony didn't bother to port Vegas to the Mac. The new X has definitely been influenced by Vegas. Now. I hope Sony returns the favor by incorporating some of FCX's features, such as color matching and background processing. And of course, a 64-bit engine.

I was never a big fan of Final Cut, but this new one is a winner. Amazingly, many of the previous FC users don't recognize the the benefits.Of course, Apple left out a number of old features, which is what much of the clamor is about.
And, of course, Vegas is already 64-bit. And background rendering is less of an issue, since fullscreen playback has always been possible without rendering. I actually installed FCPX on the first day of availability and after a few hours emailed Apple for a refund - and got it. FCPX is a mess and should have been released as iMovie Pro. Vegas is leagues beyond it. IMHO Apple is the one that should be learning from Vegas, not the other way around.
__________________
Mark Holmes
www.daisy3pictures.com
Mark Holmes is offline   Reply
Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

Professional Video
(800) 833-4801
Portland, OR

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY

Z.G.C.
(973) 335-4460
Mountain Lakes, NJ

Abel Cine Tech
(888) 700-4416
N.Y. NY & L.A. CA

Precision Camera
(800) 677-1023
Austin, TX

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

 



Google
 

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:21 PM.


DV Info Net -- Real Names, Real People, Real Info!
1998-2017 The Digital Video Information Network