Sony Vegas Pro 10.0e - Core i7 Sandy Bridge - Not Enough Mem to Render? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old July 22nd, 2011, 07:36 PM   #16
Regular Crew

Re: Sony Vegas Pro 10.0e - Core i7 Sandy Bridge - Not Enough Mem to Render?

"The problem is, even with Dynamic Ram 0 and render stream 1, I still cannot complete my render. It keeps telling me that I have low memory..."

I once had HORRIBLE problems getting Vegas to render my long (1-1/2 hours) .VEGs with lots of FX. But I solved all my rendering problems by doing this:

1. Render all clips to Cineform before putting on TL; probably any good intra-frame codec would do just as well - just use the same codec for all clips (DNxHD is free and probably would be good; I've also found Pegusus PicVideo to be fairly good - but Cineform is the best). Then render the TL to the same codec, and put that rendered output back on the TL and render to any codec that you would like to be your final product. (Also be sure to do the similar process with any non-.WAV audio codecs - put all of them into .WAV format before loading onto the TL - or replace any that are already there.)

2. Use Vegas 9d-64 bits for rendering; it's the best that I've found. If you must use 32-bit plugins, you either can (a) render just those portions of the TL separately in Vegas 32-bit, then put the rendered clip back onto the highest track at the same place on the 64-bit TL where the plug-in was in use prior to rendering it out. Or (b), you can render in 9d-32 bit and pray vigorously.

3. If that does not work, or if you must use Vegas 10, then kill Vegas from the Task Manager when rendering stalls; then reboot. Probably then you'll get a useful, although incomplete, clip. You'll be able to put that incomplete clip back on the highest track on the 32-bit TL and then render out the remainder of the TL only (not needing to re-render the clip[s] on the highest track). You may need to do that several times until you have the highest track filled out, from which you finally can render to your desired final output codec. If you use a really good intermediate codec, such as Cineform, you'll lose no image quality that can be detected by eye.

4. I try to put all stills on one hard disk, source clips on one or two others, audio-only files on another, etc., and then render to yet another hard disk, in order to prevent disk I/O errors while rendering (cross fades perhaps generate the most errors).

5. Make certain that your memory is flawless. Test by running Memtest or similar for many hours - the more the better.
Larry Reavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2011, 11:30 PM   #17
Trustee

Yes forgot about that solution for 32-bit. Saw it a couple of years back on the Sony Software forum and copied down the instructions even, a bit of text file editing from memory? Glad you were able to sort out the problem.

Another editor said to me one solution he found with WMV renders was to render out all the audio as one complete WAV file then bring it back into the timeline. Mute your original audio tracks and render out the video with the new contigious audio to your desired WMV. Sounds strange but there again if it works?!

BTW I have never consitantly got over about 18~20% CPU usage with WMV renders, slow as an old dog.

Chris
Cydney
Christopher Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2011, 03:44 AM   #18
Trustee

Guys what drives me crazy is the fact that the same project one month ago didn'tgive me any issue...Nothing!
Now it stops in 3 parts always.
I'll try to set the ram as you wrote, any other recomendations on the settings?
It's a doc with 1 and half lenght!
Marcus Martell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2011, 04:01 AM   #19
Major Player

Why is .wmv slow? Would other output codecs be able to better utilize all of the Core i7's CPU power? Thanks!
Zhong Cheung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2011, 02:18 PM   #20
Major Player

the fix all for me with vegas has always been at last straw to render out as uncompressed .avi

usually i am able to complete the renders as .avi with the lagarith lossless codec however ,then i compress
Tom Bostick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2011, 07:15 AM   #21
Trustee

I've rendered the project with dinamic Ram set to 4
and the other value to 2 but....It crashes on the clips with envelops and on the pictures with Pan e Crop.....

I'm running XP 32 bit

Is there any other version of Vegas 10 that could gimme an hand, i shoul send this dvd on tuesday
Old July 24th, 2011, 07:48 AM   #22
Trustee

Other question:
changing this settings of Ram etc. would change the quality of the render?
Thanks
Old July 24th, 2011, 02:54 PM   #23
Regular Crew

The CFF Explorer /3 GB switch fix/hack is what has worked for me. Besides changing the header settings for the suggested files, you may also need to change it for the specific .dll's associated with the codec/format you are rendering out to (found in the File I/O Plugins folder) judging by the name of the folder you can guess what each one is for, and some contain many .dll's, it can get tedious to change them all, so just start with the ones you commonly render out to.
Jeremy Dallek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2011, 06:24 PM   #24
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus Martell View Post
Other question:
changing this settings of Ram etc. would change the quality of the render?
Thanks
the quality is not affect at all - only the speed will be affected, along with tendency for rendering to stall.
Larry Reavis is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...