DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   Event/Pan Crop worksapce won't zoom out enough (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/498656-event-pan-crop-worksapce-wont-zoom-out-enough.html)

Ken Olson July 20th, 2011 01:44 PM

Event/Pan Crop worksapce won't zoom out enough

1 Attachment(s)
I can't zoom out of workspace by more than 12.5 in order to grab crop handle to zoom in on media object more.

Edward Troxel July 20th, 2011 01:48 PM

Re: Event/Pan Crop worksapce won't zoom out enough

Use Track Motion to zoom out farther. Realistically, I prefer using Track Motion to zoom OUT and Pan/Crop to zoom IN as Pan/Crop uses the full resolution of the image.

Ken Olson July 20th, 2011 02:47 PM

Well hello again Ed!

Wow what a design flaw, why would they intentionally put this limit on Event Pan/Crop even though you can do it within Track Motion?

You have to continuously remember to keep track if your "Lock Envelopes to events" as well as Auto Ripple. Plus it's so easy to copy event attributes from one to another. That's a big inconvenience.

I just recently learned that by holding the Ctrl key while dragging a handle allows you to stretch the object space somehow. It's time consuming because of the drag to position ratio is in very small increments. Any reason why I should avoid this approach?

David Jimerson July 20th, 2011 08:05 PM

Are you talking about wanting to zoom out in the workspace within the pan/crop tool in order to be able to move the crop frame further out?

Use the mouse scroll wheel. You should be able to go quite a bit further out than what you have there.

Edward Troxel July 21st, 2011 06:52 AM

Well... it's not really a design flaw. Pan/Crop is designed for Panning and Cropping in which case you zoom IN on an image (Crop) in order to move across the image (Pan).

Track Motion is designed to zoom OUT and add motion.

Just a matter of using each tool for it's designed purpose.

Ken Olson July 21st, 2011 05:56 PM

1 Attachment(s)
David,

"Use the mouse scroll wheel. You should be able to go quite a bit further out than what you have there. "
Yes - I know about the mouse wheel.

"Are you talking about wanting to zoom out in the workspace within the pan/crop tool in order to be able to move the crop frame further out?"
Yes - I need to zoom out of workspace further then what is show in the screen shot. In fact, you can see the zoom % is only 12.5, so I need to go much lower in order to zoom out of workspace thereby allowing me to grab the size handle with enough room to stretch (zoom out of the photo).

Please see attached short screencast.

Don Bloom July 21st, 2011 06:07 PM

why not simply type in the number in the height, press TAB and the width will follow if you have lock aspect ratio set.Adjust the numbers until you find the one you want.

Ken Olson July 21st, 2011 10:53 PM

I'll try that option, thank you.