creating blu-ray iso in dvd architect at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old July 25th, 2011, 04:53 AM   #1
Regular Crew

creating blu-ray iso in dvd architect

Hi

When i make normal dvd's i always make an ISO in DVD Architect and then burn them from Nero. I want to do the same for blurays and i don’t get the option? It shows up my bluray burner on the pull down menu but the option to burn an iso is gone? It's the same on 2 computers?

I have burned blurays directly from Dvd Architech but they never play properly. menus dont show up, etc.. So i want to try the iso option.

Thanks
Niall Megahey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2011, 04:45 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Re: creating blu-ray iso in dvd architect

It does, but not "directly". You build the image just like a DVD by selecting the "Make Blu-ray Disc" button. You can then choose "Prepare" which will create the iso file, then you choose "Burn" which will allow you to either use that existing iso file or you can create a new one, and then it burns the Blu-ray. So you do end up with an iso file, but you have to let DVDA burn it to the disc.
Jim Greene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2011, 06:12 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Thanks Jim

This was driving me crazy! Im gonna try that
Niall Megahey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2011, 06:56 AM   #4
Inner Circle

Nero or IMGBurn etc will all burn the iso image it doesn't have to be DVD Architect.

Ron Evans
Ron Evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2011, 08:15 PM   #5
Regular Crew

On another forum, one person who claimed to have done lots of testing said IMGburn produces fewer incompatible disks; and it's free (I use it too).
Larry Reavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2011, 12:49 AM   #6
Regular Crew

Ok i found the iso but when i go to burn the file it crashes before it starts the burn in Nero and imgburn.
I updated the firmware on my LG bluray burner but the same thing happens

It could be a bad batch of disks but it does burn direct from Dvd Architect.

My main problem was getting a bluray to work with menus on a ps3 and from what i have read the only way this is going to work it from burning it from an ISO.

What methods are you guys using? Does it work for you once it's burned that way? Or what does?

In Ireland PS3's would be the most common type of bluray player. I actuality have never even been asked for a bluray disk, so i know that its really Ps3 or nothing..
Niall Megahey is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...