DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   Color grading presets (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/499086-color-grading-presets.html)

Adam Stanislav August 1st, 2011 12:19 PM

Color grading presets

Since so many people think you need to buy expensive plug-ins for a film look, I have been playing with various looks directly in Vegas, with just the built-in functionality.

Yesterday I have placed seven of them into a preset file and uploaded them to Seven Vegas Presets. You’re all welcome to them.

I also made a video showing how to use them, and what they look like. I rendered it overnight and uploaded to YouTube this morning. YouTube is still processing it and keeps telling me to come back “in a few minutes,” but it will eventually appear at ‪Seven Vegas Presets‬‏ - YouTube, in full 1080p.

Have fun with them!

Adam Stanislav August 1st, 2011 01:48 PM

Re: Color grading presets

Argh! After assuring me the upload was finished and being processed, now YouTube says the upload failed. So, ignore the YouTube link above. The presets themselves are of course still available for download.

Ian Stark August 1st, 2011 04:00 PM

Thanks for posting Adam. Look forward to having a play when time permits.

You know, I think a general preset exchange is an interesting idea - not just for cc/grading, but using all Vegas plugins (and why not non-Vegas as well?). Maybe a sticky thread here? I'd be happy to put some together.

Any thoughts, anyone?

Adam Stanislav August 1st, 2011 05:48 PM

Yes, a sticky would be nice. We already have one for plug-ins, so presets would complement it nicely.

Meanwhile, I have finally succeeded in getting my video on YouTube. Here is the new link:

It starts by explaining a bit about presets, where to download the preset manager, then shows a little slide show with and without my presets. YouTube is still processing the 1080p version, but they are showing it at 480p for now (I have just watched the whole thing to make sure).

Leslie Wand August 2nd, 2011 12:57 AM

adam, while i and many other really do appreciate your splendid presets, i could well do without the display of erudition in using a chinese font.....

Adam Stanislav August 2nd, 2011 08:45 AM

Why? Is your language superior to the rest? I posted it on an international site. I went out of my way to speak in English, a language foreign to me and to 98% of the world, and you are scolding me for meeting you half way?

I even explained how you can change it to whatever your language is.

Leslie Wand August 2nd, 2011 05:27 PM

adam, i'm not complaining about using latin based font's at all, however, using a chinese font in what is predominately a english language forum seems rather pretentious to say the least. calling it 'tiananmen square' would have been equally effective in my opinion.

still, they're great presets either way.

Adam Stanislav August 2nd, 2011 09:44 PM

But I did not use Chinese script in this forum. To me, using English is just as foreign as using Chinese. And I am sure they have Sony Vegas users in China (and Tai Wan, and Japan, and Korea). There are more Chinese speakers in the world than speakers (and spellers) of any other language group. I think they might feel I was pretentious if I spelled a Chinese name in the Roman alphabet. Especially since there are several different ways to transliterate it, and they all are essentially wrong as they each favor one dialect over another.

Besides, it has nothing to do with my "erudition." As a political refugee, I have lived in many different countries, spoken and written many languages as a means of mere survival, nothing else.

I named those presets on my own computer long before I decided to share them with others. I'm sorry if that upsets you. Quite frankly, from my perspective you are looking a gift horse in the mouth.

At any rate, I am glad you enjoyed the presets themselves.

Edward Troxel August 3rd, 2011 07:15 AM

Ok, that's enough of this. What difference does it make what they're named. Stop it everyone!