Vegas 10e does ProRes - yay! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old August 4th, 2011, 02:20 PM   #1
Major Player

Vegas 10e does ProRes - yay!

A post house sent me a mac formatted drive with mac ProRes files notably missing the polite little post-it note 'Is mac format OK?" or similar. Mac droids, but anyway.
So I got win7 to read the darn drive, and then I'm looking at 'apch' encoded files. Did not play in VLC, which was bad news.
So, just to be sure before firing off a polite e-mail I dropped a clip on Vegas 10e.... and it loads on the timeline. 10e does ProRes. How did this happen? Has this always been there?

With 10e Boris BCC runs smoothly without any crashes and the whole 10e installation is stable - I'm really impressed with how SCS have fixed v10 through the revisions. Good job. And ProRes on top of that. Thank You.

/m
Old August 4th, 2011, 05:15 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: Vegas 10e does ProRes - yay!

Apple added the ability to read ProRes in QuickTime Player back around version 7.6.2
Vegas had some QuickTime issues but they were fixed in, as recall, one of the Pro 9 updates.
I'm working on a project that has a few ProRes files in it and I agree that it's a pleasure to just be able to drop them on the timeline and have them play :)
Mike Kujbida is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...