Best Vegas PRO 10e Training at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old August 12th, 2011, 01:26 PM   #1
Major Player

Best Vegas PRO 10e Training

I'm about ready to order the Vegas Pro 10 Training DVD/CD from Sony Creative. Is this the best training bank for the buck? Is there something better out there for Pro 10?
Old August 12th, 2011, 02:35 PM   #2
Major Player

Re: Best Vegas PRO 10e Training

Training Videos for Sony Vegas Pro 8 and Sony DVD Architect by Gary Kleiner

Try this URL
Roy Alexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2011, 02:51 PM   #3
Sponsor: JET DV

You can get my newsletters at www.jetdv.com

There's the VASST training materials

There's lots of videos on youtube

But there's definitely nothing wrong with the Sony materials.
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2011, 06:00 PM   #4
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Simpson View Post
I'm about ready to order the Vegas Pro 10 Training DVD/CD from Sony Creative. Is this the best training bank for the buck? Is there something better out there for Pro 10?
If you mean their Digital Video & Audio Production book and DVD, save your pennies. I got it from amazon.com recently (at a considerable discount, thankfully), and was extremely disappointed. It is nothing but a very basic overview. If you have worked with Vegas for at least a week, chances are you know a lot more than that book/DVD combo has to offer.
Adam Stanislav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2011, 09:08 PM   #5
Major Player

No it's the Seminar Series at The Seminar Series: Vegas Pro 10 Overview for $89. I've used SonyVegas for three years but the multicamera and other items in the Pro !0 i need a little extra training on. The manual spends a whole 3/4 of a page on it....
I suppose no one here has tried it so I guess I'll be the first ;-)
Old August 13th, 2011, 09:41 PM   #6
Inner Circle

Save your money.
I got that as part of the Pro 10 introductory promo and it's almost worthless :(
Check out Sonysoftwareofficial's Channel - YouTube for some tutorials.
There's also a few Pro 10 webinars and newsletter articles at Sony Creative Software - Training and Support
Mike Kujbida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2011, 11:28 AM   #7
Major Player

Thanks

I ended up ordering Gary Kleiner's Pro 10 DVD set - 6+ hours of instruction that looks really good. I didn't order the Sony Seminar series.
Old August 17th, 2011, 02:59 AM   #8
Major Player

Harry Simpson. Please let me know how you get on with Gary Kleiner's tutorials. I am thinking of buying it myself. Thanks Roy Alexander.
On Youtube as RoyfromDurham
Roy Alexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2011, 10:16 AM   #9
Major Player

I'll let you know Roy. They've not arrived yet but the link above to Sony's YouTube channel provided some time well spent last night - learned some things I ddn't know and it's Pro 10 based video and free.
Old August 17th, 2011, 07:58 PM   #10
Trustee

not to diminish the good books mentioned above, nor scs's training channel, nor the plethora of youtube vids etc.,

there is nothing quite like opening a project and simply playing - it's not as if you can break a lever, bump a lens, etc., but what it does is simply put a problem up before you which THEN needs an answer, rather than learning / reading / watching oodles of stuff that in all probability you either know, can find out from the manual (which is surprisingly good), would find out with just a little bit more playing, or simply never need in the real world.

i found the only way to really learn / understand compositing was to actually play with the various modes, see what they did, then use parent child to see how they then reacted with one another and other tracks, etc.,

ymmv, but hands on is definitely a winner with my students....
Old August 18th, 2011, 02:51 PM   #11
Major Player

Hands on is the best way cept when you have a deadline to meet and then nothing quite works but actually knowing how to do it. I've had challenges/questions and a few hours for the answers and no time for playing around.....i needed results.

That's why after a few years of messing around with it - i'm actually ready to learn the shortcuts and other features I've not had time to discover...

The video came and I watched a few hours last night - learned a lot of new stuff.

Thanks
Harry
Old August 24th, 2011, 07:18 AM   #12
Major Player

Sony Vegas Pro 10 Made Simple by Gary Kleiner
this is the set i ordered. - I've watched two of the four discs and learned many things that even after two years I didn't know existed. Well worth the investment!! (PS Also covers Vegas Studio)

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...