DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   Auto Ripple Bug (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/499572-auto-ripple-bug.html)

Richard Green August 14th, 2011 04:33 AM

Auto Ripple Bug

Does anyone else have this problem in Vegas 10, In fact I used to get this problem in version 8.
If I want to insert a clip or take one out, I press the auto ripple button, insert or remove the clip and of course everything to the right moves right or left as it should, but I have found that transitions and clips above the main track will move or change size by a second or two, or a transition which was 2 seconds may have gone to zero. Really annoying as it means you have to go through the whole timeline to see if anything has moved.

Anyone?

Regards
Richard Green

Christopher Young August 16th, 2011 02:36 AM

Re: Auto Ripple Bug

Richard ~
I tried this on 10e. Put a number of clips on the timeline, dissolves cuts etc and then did the same on two video and audio tracks above the main track. Both upper tracks had numerous dissolves and wipes with transitions ranging from 12 frames to 3 seconds. I then created cuts in the main bottom track. Then with 'auto ripple' on and with the selction of 'all tracks markers and regions' selected, I deleteted sections and replaced sections with new inserts. All transitions on the above tracks stayed true as they rippled back and forth. I then tried this with both of the 'affected tracks' options and still the same results, no change in upper track transitions. Couldn't get it alter a transition time on any of the above tracks so not sure what the problem could be? Would be interested to see if anyone else has the problem.

Cheers
Chris Young

Leslie Wand August 16th, 2011 03:06 AM

10e/64 - doing it all the time and no problems in any mode.

Richard Green August 16th, 2011 09:33 AM

Hi Chris & Leslie,
Not realy what I wanted to hear! :-)
I am using the 32bit version of 10e and my 40 minute project uses approximately 400 clips/stills/titles/subtitles spread over 4 video tracks and two audio tracks.
I wonder if it's a memory problem! I have a workaround, instead of using ripple I just use the selection tool and move the selection down the timeline to make way for the new clip. Not as convenient as auto ripple, but at least it doesn't mess everything up, forcing me to recheck the position of every transition etc.
I am hoping somebody will come back and say, yes I have that problem as well.

Regards
Richard Green

David Jimerson August 16th, 2011 12:53 PM

Do you have clips of varying frame rates, or frame rates which don't match the timeline frame rate?

Richard Green August 16th, 2011 01:03 PM

Hi David,
A quick answer, No!

Richard