DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   Won't play audio on some clips (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/499876-wont-play-audio-some-clips.html)

Richard Green August 22nd, 2011 05:15 PM

Won't play audio on some clips

I've nearly had it with Vegas. Just had my computer die as I almost finished a 30 minute video diary.
So went straight out and bought another computer a 64bit windows 7, intel i7.
Downloaded 64bit 10e version of vegas, installed, set everything up like my dead computer. The clips pictures and veg files are on external drives, backed up. Loaded the veg file and everythings looking good.
When I play the timeline some of the clips don't play the audio, some do, some don't. I've found that if I apply a sound filter, such as Track Compressor, the audio will play.

Anyone no what's going on.

Richard Green

Leslie Wand August 22nd, 2011 05:48 PM

Re: Won't play audio on some clips

what's on the tl?

Richard Green August 22nd, 2011 05:57 PM

Sorry, forgot to put what's on the timeline, HD 108050i pal straight from the camera and 1920x1080 stills.

Worked fine on my dead i5 computer.

Regards
Richard

Leslie Wand August 22nd, 2011 07:19 PM

try opening a new instance of vegas, then just dump clips to tl and see if you still have problems with playback.

format of pics? not that it's important since as you say it was working on your old pc....

Richard Green August 23rd, 2011 01:22 AM

Hi Leslie,
Format of pics are png files.

will try your suggestion

Thanks
Richard

Richard Green August 23rd, 2011 03:49 PM

It gets worse! I've managed to get all my audio to play on the timeline and have at last reached the time for my render to DVD. I use my regular settings, had no problems before and now I have intermittent sound, some clips ok some silent.

I'm sick!

Richard

Don Bloom August 23rd, 2011 05:13 PM

Is there by any chance a Master Audio Bus" (B) that perhaps has an envelope with some points on it? OR is there a blueline running thru the silent audio clips as that would mean the level of that clip is pulled down to INF.
I only ask as I have never come across this before and the only reason I can think off off hand would be either a bus with and envelope or the level of the individual clip is pulled down.

Actually one other reason. Right click on a silent clip and make sure the menu isn't set to "mute".
Other than that, I'm as stumped as you are.

Richard Green August 24th, 2011 10:20 AM

Hi Don,
Thanks for info, no, sadly none of those things you mention exist in my project. I have all the sound clips working at the moment on the timeline. However, yesterday I did a render to mpeg2 and the sound was actually missing in the created mpg file. (in places, not every clip, in spite of it playing in the timeline). So I shut the program down and restarted it it was ok the second time. Vegas is very flaky at the moment, doesn't give me much confidence.
In fact, after rendering and getting all the sound ok, I noticed lots of glitches in fast motion clips, so have gone back to rendering to AVI then into virtualdub using avisynth, then back into vegas to finally render out
to mpg for dvd. I can't get mpg renders straight from vegas and not sure why. My clips are 1080i pal, so the interlacing and resizing is giving vegas problems and it shouldn't.
Sony don't seem to think there is any problem.

Richard

Don Bloom August 24th, 2011 12:36 PM

I really hate to say this but I'm shotgunning right now. What if you uninstall Vegas and do a clean re-install? Not what you wanted to hear I know but it's the last thing I can think of to do.
Wish I had another idea.