Missing 1 frame (kinda urgent!!) - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old August 25th, 2011, 10:30 AM   #16
Sponsor: JET DV

Re: Missing 1 frame (kinda urgent!!)

Without understanding exactly what you are doing, why don't you just give him the ORIGINAL files to colorize. Then you could just replace media with the new files in the Project Media and everything would be updated. Because you've given him the original files, ALL the frames would be there!
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2011, 11:44 AM   #17
Major Player

I see how could this be a great solution for other projects. The problem is the shoot was done on partly cloudy days. So for instance if I take the master shot (which was set with the singer sitting by a tree in a field) the light varies all the way through to the end. So which part should my colorist do?

Yes I could write down timecode or have my computer beside but this all seem too time consuming, I am paying by the hour and he is not cheap!!!

Besides, he has to render it out anyway so in the end won't I end up without the original anyway?

What you propose, is that what you do when you have to deal with the same kind of situation?
Phil Gosselin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2011, 11:59 AM   #18
Sponsor: JET DV

I've never dealt with that situation. I've always done my own color corrections in Vegas (which does a great job, btw). I've also never had to give my footage to someone who works on a Mac. I have a Mac here and have tried moving some footage to it and was frustrated that most formats would not work!
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2011, 12:21 PM   #19
Major Player

I also do color correction in Vegas but whatever I could've done is a million years away compare to what my colorist has done. First he has an amazing eye for color and second, he accomplished in 5 hours what would have taken me days to do, even then I wouldn't have come to the same results, I mean not even remotely close to it, he really is worth every penny.

It was the first time I was able to take a look at Apple Colors and I gotta say I am impressed. That is the kind of CC tools Vegas need. I was so hoping for advanced CC tools for Vegas 10 but alas Sony went the 3D route instead, which for my money and my needs, is utterly useless. Hopefully that's what they have in store for version 11.

Thanks for all the help Edward!

Phil
Old August 25th, 2011, 05:56 PM   #20
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Gosselin View Post
Ok so I tried stretching all clip, unfortunately this brings motion blur on top of motion blur which is not acceptable.
Try selecting "Disable Resampling" in the event properties?
Jeremy Dallek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2011, 10:25 PM   #21
Trustee

Quote:
Ok so I tried stretching all clip, unfortunately this brings motion blur on top of motion blur which is not acceptable.
Since you miss just the last frame in each clip, have you considered just repeating the last frame in each of the shortened clips? Or perhaps copying the missing frame from the originals? Or a blend of both? Or just cutting out the last few frames from each clip and replacing them with something entirely different but of the proper length? Perhaps the view of the audience, or of something relating to the music?
Adam Stanislav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2011, 11:04 AM   #22
Major Player

Well what I ended up doing was adding 5 frames at the beginning and end of each clip. My colorist re-applied his corrections and re-exported the whole thing in QT Animation.

The last frame was still missing (so it wasn't a case of a bad render the first time around) but this time I could trim it back to the way it was. Sure it was a bit of a hassle but the end result is more than satisfactory.

Thanks all!
Old August 29th, 2011, 01:56 PM   #23
Trustee

Quote:
Thanks all!
You’re quite welcome. And congratulation on solving the problem.
Adam Stanislav is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...