DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   Render not closing in 10e (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/500108-render-not-closing-10e.html)

Chris Harding August 29th, 2011 06:31 AM

Render not closing in 10e

Hi All

I have had a couple of instances with the 64 bit version where the render box will not close (yes, the check box is ticked) and the elasped time just keeps running even though the render is at 100% ... to close it you need to go to Task Manager!! It shows that Vegas is running without any problems and cancelling the render seems to do nothing apart from the message about the render program running in the background.

The rendered file is perfect and plays without any issue but to continue with editing you need to start the program again after a frustrating "back and forth" with the task manager....it only does it now and again!!!

Anyone else had an issue like this....easy enough to work around but very annoying when it happens!!

Chris

Frederic Baumann September 2nd, 2011 04:55 PM

Re: Render not closing in 10e

Hi,

yes I already had this problem (not frequently though). Looks like if Vegas were launching another process for rendering, and that process crashes, and then Vegas waits a result for ever.

What kind of footage do you use? AVCHD?

Did you try rendering to various output formats? just to see whether it depends on the codec...

Not sure it's helpful - at least you are not the only one having the problem.
Best regards,
Frédéric

Chris Harding September 2nd, 2011 06:13 PM

Thanks Frederic

I'm only rendering AVCHD at this stage and let's see, I did 5 shoots this week and a wedding and so far just two renders only out of maybe at least 60 became stuck at 100% and Vegas just hung there. It definately completes the render cos the clip plays perfectly!! It just simply doesn't close the render box and the clock keeps running. I have never had it with the 32 bit version as yet on my slower machine....maybe it's something strange with the 64 bit version???

Chris

Ian Stark September 3rd, 2011 01:01 AM

Similar experience here. Not recently though and I am pretty sure it was never in 10e (famous last words!).

I went through the process of trying other render formats but I couldn't establish any connection between a specific format and the problem. Likewise I was using a variety of source media from jpeg and psd to SD DV and HDV mts.

Out of interest, does the render dialogue box (or was it the status bar at the bottom?) incorrectly increment the current render number, ie 1 of 1, 1 of 2, 1 of 3, etc?

I'm afraid I can't recall if I did anything other than a Vegas reinstall to correct the problem. I will have a think . . .

Ian Stark September 3rd, 2011 01:06 AM

I remember.

Are you using Excalibur or the Autosave script from JetDV (Edward Troxel's fantastic extensions)?

If so, are you using the latest version?

Have a look at the last page of this thread and see if this helps: http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-hap...er-render.html

Good luck.

Chris Harding September 3rd, 2011 02:26 AM

Hi Ian

Thanks for all the help but I'm not using any of Edwards scripts either!!

With me it can be any length file too but I'm only rendering one at a time..the machine is almost brand new and has no heating issues (it's still Winter here)

Like you it is random!! I can render 30 clips and nothing adverse occurs then one "end of render" hangs!!

It's no real big deal but I would like to know what causes the problem!!

Chris

Ian Stark September 3rd, 2011 02:32 AM

No worries, Chris, just a thought.

There might be other scripts or plugins that do a similar thing to the older version of Autosave (as per Edward's description). Might be worth a check? Are there any plugins you are using on just the projects that exhibit the problem? Just a wild shot in the dark!

Zhong Cheung September 3rd, 2011 03:06 AM

Happened a few times with me with 32-bit version as well. Not frequently, but enough times to be a slight annoyance. Just glad that the rendered file doesn't need to be rendered again.

Chris Harding September 3rd, 2011 09:24 AM

Thanks Guys

Only had it on the 64bit version so far and nope the plugins don't seem to be an issue. It happened when I rendering one of my realty shoot files a week ago and those are just plain raw AVCHD at 13mbps files with absloutely zero edits on the file..it basically gets dumped on the timeline and rendered out to SD for a property condition video so no titles, no extra media and no plugins at all!!

On weddings using 720 50P at 24mbps it did the same thing once with multiple edits, cuts and crossfades including generated media and titles as well as music tracks so I don't think it's related to what media or format is being used or the complexity of the mix!!!

Chris