DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   blu-ray distorted sound. (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/500140-blu-ray-distorted-sound.html)

Roy Alexander August 30th, 2011 02:49 AM

blu-ray distorted sound.

I'm in trouble again. After making Blu-ray versions of my videos for a long time with Vegas MS 10 HD platinum and DVD architect successfully, all of a sudden my newly made blu-ray discs are producing excellent HD images but distorted sound., I used to simpl;y edit in Vegas that click Make movie and follow instructions and everything was perfect. I do that now and the result is as explained above. I have tried rendering as main concept MPEG 2 and PCM audio and it makes no difference. I looked at a written tutorial by Gary Rebholz and I notice . that in the DVD architecht Property box it shows video format as MPEG 2 and audio format as AC-3 stereo. When I make the selection of Main Con. MPEG 2 it shows the Audio Format as PCM and I can't alter it to any other type of Audio format, there is no other choice. Obvious I'm doing something wrong or something has gone wrong, I don't know which. Until this is sorted out, I have to go back to SD DVD's, Any help SIMPLY explained will be most appreciated.

Jeff Harper August 30th, 2011 03:22 AM

Re: blu-ray distorted sound.

I don't know how the studio versions work, or if my suggestion will help, first of all. But with the pro version we are always told to render the audio and video separately into two separate files.

That is the first thing I would try, but as I say I have no idea if that will cure your problem.

Roy Alexander August 30th, 2011 03:39 AM

Jeff. According to the experts Main concept or any other MPEG 2 renderings automatically renders Video and audio at the same time and which it presents on the timeline of DVD5. Which for me it always has done with perfect results. Now it gives the bad sound. I wonder if I should re-install DVDA5 in case something there is now corrupt. Thanks for your input.

Leslie Wand August 30th, 2011 03:52 AM

if you export a dvd ready mpg file (incl sound) from vegas to dvda then dvda is simply going to re-render the audio to ac3 - hence the two file export.

Jeff Harper August 30th, 2011 04:05 AM

It's not DVDA being corrupt, I can't imagine. It's unfortunate that you can't render as you want to in Studio. I tried to help a woman that used Studio and it was the most frustrating experience ever.

So you are saying you cannot render out a separate audio track and video track? Are you rendering according to the specs in Vegas help?

What happens when you play the DVDA project in preview? How's it sound then? Going to bed, good luck.

Roy Alexander August 30th, 2011 04:14 AM

JEFF. In DVDA5 preview the sound is perfect it's only when DVDA5 goes into action that the end result is excellent HD picture bad sound. As I said before it used to be perfect. Using the same selection as I am doing now.

Jeff Harper August 30th, 2011 08:15 AM

Roy, you know I didn't read your initial post correctly sorry. If this is a new issue doing the same you've always done and it suddenly isn't producing good discs, the only think I can think is the the media is bad (bad discs).

Adam Stanislav August 30th, 2011 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roy Alexander (Post 1678539)
all of a sudden my newly made blu-ray discs are producing excellent HD images but distorted sound.

Distorted in what way?

Jeff Harper August 30th, 2011 01:22 PM

Actually, that is a very good question Adam, the first question that should have been asked.

Roy Alexander August 30th, 2011 01:51 PM

ADAM. I'm sorry I can't explain the distortion. The best I can say is that it sounds perfect reproduction for a few seconds and then it stutters for a few seconds then back to normal, the picture did not stutter and this is how it WAS through-out the video. I say WAS because I have found the fault. As Jeff suggested it was the Disc that was at fault. I was using a DVD-RW which had been wiped clean a few times. Although this same disc still burns the the same video OK as a DVD it apparantly failed when asked to burn as a HD. The video in question being 11 mins long. I replaced the disc with a brand new BD-RE and the sound is now perfect.. Thanks for your help..