DaVinci Resolve for Windows...... at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old September 9th, 2011, 03:58 PM   #1
Trustee

DaVinci Resolve for Windows......

Just got a news letter in my emails from Blackmagic, here is a brief description,

"This is exciting news, and we have worked so hard to be able to offer a new DaVinci Resolve for Windows. DaVinci Resolve for Microsoft Windows will allow a wide range of hardware for building color correction systems with the advantage of a wider selection of GPU processing options with support for up to a massive 16 GPU’s per system.

The good news is that anyone who has bought a DaVinci Resolve from Blackmagic Design will get this update free because the Mac OS X dongle can be used for both Mac and Windows. When DaVinci Resolve for Windows is released, it will be included with the Mac OS X version, so you can choose which platform you want to install on, and move back and forward as you need. This provides a lot more flexibility, and if you have wanted to take advantage of more GPU power without the complexity of Linux, then this is a good option.

We will have DaVinci Resolve on Windows showing at the IBC booth, and you can see it running and ask questions of the engineers. We are planning a release for Q1 next year, and it will be available for download by all current customers as well."

I had a play with this on a friends Mac, it really is a level up from anything in Windows ATM.
The price will be the issue, but if you want the best.......
Old September 20th, 2011, 01:16 PM   #2
Major Player

Re: DaVinci Resolve for Windows......

I'm extatic about this news. My post-prod hardware is all PC so DaVinci was out of the question for me but now I'm seriously going to think about this platform for color correction purposes, especially now that it supports round trip workflow with the Adobe suite which is what I'm using.
David Lach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2011, 07:07 AM   #3
Major Player

Re: DaVinci Resolve for Windows......

Yeah, this is really good. Just read about it on the internet today.

The software seems to be around £500/£600, which isn't cheap but isn't too expensive at the same time. I hope they release a trail to test it first though.
Matt Thomas is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...