Playback to HDTV freezes (was;Editing 3D MVC files from Sony TD10 issue) at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old September 16th, 2011, 02:48 PM   #1
Major Player

Playback to HDTV freezes (was;Editing 3D MVC files from Sony TD10 issue)

OK, this is really frustrating, and as a FCP user I'm ready to throw in the towel on editing 3D with Sony Vegas 10e, but first perhaps someone can elucidate why this is happening.

I installed a Mercury Engine Playback CUDA card (GTX 285) in an effort to get smooth playback of 3D MVC (MTS) files out to a 3D HDTV monitor. Basically, all I am getting is a freeze frame of the first frame and perfect audio playout. I'm running the files off of a fast Raid not an ATA hard drive.

Thing is the same clip plays back flawlessly on the same machine in Premiere Pro CS5 - no stutter, no freezes. So I'm thinking it must be a setting in Vegas but I'm not familiar enough with the intricate settings to know what it might be. I've got the project set up as a stereographic 3D project with the preview monitor set to Left only and the External monitor set to side by side for live 3D viewing.

I can switch over to using Premiere CS5 however it involves quite a bit of transcoding of the 3D files, but if playback can't be made to work, then that will be the only solution. The way the MVC files are encoded with 3D it's easier to use Vegas, but not if you can't watch smooth playback.

Anyone with any suggestions, please advise since I believe this is a Vegas setup problem and not a 3D project problem.

System: Intel Core 2 Quad CPU @ 2.40 GHZ Nvidia GTX285 graphics 6 GB Ram using Sony Vegas 10E 64bit
Bruce Schultz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2011, 06:02 PM   #2
Jubal 28

Re: Playback to HDTV freezes (was;Editing 3D MVC files from Sony TD10 issue)

Vegas 10 has done the frame-freeze thing on me with all kinds of footage (including simple DV).

It generally clears if you close Vegas and then restart it.

But then, I have done no 3D editing with it.
David Jimerson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...