DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   Looks back for Vegas - 32 AND 64 bit! (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/501090-looks-back-vegas-32-64-bit.html)

Ian Stark September 27th, 2011 11:06 AM

Looks back for Vegas - 32 AND 64 bit!

Red Giant - Red Room Blog Magic Bullet Suite 11.1

For those of you who have been upset by Magic Bullets lack of interest in the Vegas market, this will probably be of interest. Apologies if someone else has already posted it elsewhere.

Marc Salvatore September 27th, 2011 11:38 AM

Re: Looks back for Vegas - 32 AND 64 bit!

Great news! Already an owner of the latest Looks and this will save me a lot of time since I no longer have to export clips to After Effects that I want to treat. Downloading...

Ian Stark September 27th, 2011 11:55 AM

I just upgraded from 1.4.2 to 2.0.3 for $99 which I think is a reasonable price. It's no secret that I am a huge fan of NewBlue's plugins and most of what I do day to day uses their tools. However, the spot exposure and grad exposure alone makes this well worth $99.

All works well in Vegas 10e/64 bit (ok, after just ten minutes of playing, but it's a good start!)

I look forward to more debate on how you can do everything Looks does using just Vegas filters ;-)

Marc Salvatore September 27th, 2011 12:29 PM

Well.... it looks like they have a few bugs to work out. The problem I'm having is when I use external monitor preview to my Black Magic card from within the Looks interface. The black/gamma levels jump noticibly, enough to make it unusable for color correction. When you jump back to Vegas and preview to the Black Magic card through Vegas itself it looks fine.

I thought it might be a Cineform issue but it happens with HDV as well. The gamma button makes no difference.

Can someone else confirm this?

Nicholas de Kock September 29th, 2011 04:08 AM

I'm so happy! Thank you Red Giant for listening! I'm buying right now!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ian Stark (Post 1684963)
I look forward to more debate on how you can do everything Looks does using just Vegas filters ;-)

Ian since I've been forced to color everything with Vegas for a while now I've grow accustomed to really fast render times and a lot that Looks do can be achieved with Vegas even only by using "Color Curves" alone but I'm currently working on a project that requires "Spot Exposure" to fix bad lighting and the release of Looks for Vegas couldn't have come at a better time! I have however lost most of my dependence on Looks & wont be using it as much as I use to in the past.

Graham Bernard September 29th, 2011 03:24 PM

You want spot illumination? In Vegas? Try the Bump Map and zero out everything that gives depth. There's plenty of positional lamp options, in real time and adjustable as you play it back too.

Grazie

Marc Salvatore September 29th, 2011 04:41 PM

Problem with bump map is it take FOREVER to render. Looks is WAY faster.

Iker Riera September 29th, 2011 05:29 PM

Tried it in Vegas. The programs runs great but when it opens the Looks Windows the preview image looks much darker than how it actually looks in Vegas.

If i apply a look it looks wrong on the Magic Bullet Window but i i return to Vegas it looks like it should.

Anyone else has a similar problem or know what may cause this?

Marc Salvatore September 30th, 2011 02:33 AM

Iker,

I agree the preview windows is messed up. On the same clip the RGB graph inside the Looks interface shows blacks as 1 when in Vegas and 0 when in After effects. Also the preview to external monitor (using Intensity) reflects this problem by outputting a washed out picture. As soon as you close the Looks interface and view the output from Intensity directly in Vegas the picture looks normal again. I filed a ticket with Magic Bullet. I suggest you do the same so we can get a fix ASAP.

Marc

Graham Bernard September 30th, 2011 11:36 AM

Installed. Having great fun. Got a job that'll knock 'em sideways.

The POP and SPOT lighting, fab!!

Subtle and consistent, ah. ...... That's better.

Grazie

Robert St-Onge September 30th, 2011 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iker Riera (Post 1685472)
If i apply a look it looks wrong on the Magic Bullet Window but i i return to Vegas it looks like it should.

Anyone else has a similar problem or know what may cause this?

I had that problem with the older version of MBL where the contrast wasn't quite the same with MBL's preview and Vegas preview.

This is one thing I wanted to check with MBL 2 after installing it and so far both previews are perfectly identical in contrast and color for what I have tested so far.

Mind you that I have uninstalled my old MBL before installing MBL 2, but then again I have only installed the 64 bit version, yes, 64 bit MBL 2, looks really great!!!

Like very much the Ranged HSL which is new to MBL 2 + many more filters I also like..... purchased it today!

Jeremy Dallek October 5th, 2011 01:57 AM

A couple things to check or play around with would be the "Assume Linear Gamma" setting, and the Input and Output processing that is available in advanced mode, specifically the "Studio RGB" on/off and "Setup" on/off. These let MBL know what you are feeding it, and what you would like fed back to Vegas. Make sure the Assume linear gamma yellow checkbox matches your project settings. Then try this, put both the Studio RGB and Setup setting to to ON in both input and output, this basicaly says to MBL I'm feeding you studio RGB, Setup (or convert) to Computer RGB, do the processing, convert back to Studio RGB, and feed it to Vegas. Somehow doing this may have the effect of giving you the proper looking preview on your intensity depending on where in the whole process it is grabbing the frames for the intensity. Just some idea's to experiment with, some or all of the above info may be inaccurate depending on my understanding of the plugin, but hope this helps!!

Edit: Looks like they did away with the advanced processing sections in version 2. Hmm.

Nicholas de Kock October 13th, 2011 06:23 AM

My contrast is slightly deeper in MBL's preview itself but not much of a problem it's barely noticeable and doesn't affect my grading. Rendering out my first MBLooks project today & I'm simply over joyed to have it back - worth every cent.