MPEG-2 Amnesia Please Help at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old October 1st, 2011, 09:13 PM   #1
Major Player

MPEG-2 Amnesia Please Help

Do I have to download/ license/whatever MPEG-2 every time I get a new computer or install a Vegas program?

I have the latest Vegas Movie Studio HD and a new computer. I want to render MTS files to MGPEG-2 but it won't let me access MPEG-2. I do it all the time on other computers with no problem. It won't let me do avi either. Every time I click "render," the chosen output format MPEG-2 or avi goes white. it's only happy when it's highlighted on AVCHD. And what now is vf compared to veg files. I must be getting old.

Thanks, and pardon my amnesia.

Barry
Barry Rivadue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2011, 09:48 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: MPEG-2 Amnesia Please Help

Hi Barry

Is this a new version of Movie Studio or an old one??? I do remember that Vegas Pro 5 needed you to "register" the MainConcept plugins with a code sent from Sony but for me, after, Version 7 it never called for the registration of Main Concept plugins at all and all you needed to do was put in the serial number and then the authentication code and you were up and running!!

Chris
Chris Harding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2011, 05:38 AM   #3
Major Player

Re: MPEG-2 Amnesia Please Help

Thanks, Chris; I may have inadvertently solved it. The clip rendered when I clicked on HD 1920x1080 60p, which, as it's rendering, says mp4. Why didn't it just say mp4 to begin with???? The only difference with the mpeg-2 and mpeg-4 listings that didn't work was that they said "Main Concept." I guess the HD prefix made all the difference, but I wish it was more clearly stated as mp4. Still, if it works it works.

Last edited by Barry Rivadue; October 2nd, 2011 at 06:25 AM.
Barry Rivadue is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...