DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   Plural Eyes - no brainer (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/501307-plural-eyes-no-brainer.html)

Jeff Harper October 5th, 2011 10:06 AM

Plural Eyes - no brainer

When I first heard about Plural Eyes months ago on this forum, I had read that it took someone overnight to process their project with it. Based on that single comment, I forgot about it, thinking I might as well continue synching up my footage as I had always done, and save time.

Since I now have many 4 camera shoots to work on, in desperation I downloaded the trial.

Now, I am just like everyone else that has tried the software. It is amazing, it is fast, and I absolutely could not live without it.

I'm using it now on a four hour 4 camera shoot, and it is working at almost blinding speed, and will likely have performed it's task in less than 5 or ten minutes.

If you do multi-camera editing shoots, Plural Eyes is a no brainer.

Greg Clark October 5th, 2011 11:22 AM

Re: Plural Eyes - no brainer

Maybe it works well with Vegas. I cannot say the same for Premiere Pro CS5.5.

Jeff Harper October 5th, 2011 11:40 AM

With Vegas there was no learning curve, nothing, it was click and go, so yes it works perfectly in Vegas. Sorry to hear that it doesn't work so well with Premier.

Nicholas de Kock October 5th, 2011 03:08 PM

Oh no Jeff with all the talk that's been going on here and you've only tried it out now? Sad sad ;) I've been using it for as long it was released and I never ever do manual sync's anymore and the latest version is incredibly fast, amazing software worthy of an award, heck if I don't have Plural Eyes available to sync my video I refuse to edit, spoiled haha. I've tried it on Premiere and it really sucks! Not as easy as the one button operation we have in Vegas, you have to export as XML, do this, do that, a complete mess.

Jeff Harper October 5th, 2011 04:00 PM

Sad is right, I'm still kicking myself. The wedding I did a couple of weeks ago I spend nearly a whole day syncing, I had hours of footage and a shooter that constantly turned off his camera and then back on, and I had to sync up 14 hours worth of footage. It was a nightmare. That was what prompted me to try out PE.

D.J. Ammons October 11th, 2011 04:44 PM

I use Sony Vegas Pro and as I have posted before PluralEyes is the best money I have ever spent! Amazing software. The other must have inexpensive software for Vegas Pro are both from FBmn Software. Their white balance and exposure software are amazing and only about $45 each.

Chris Barcellos October 11th, 2011 04:50 PM

I actually use the stand alone version called Dual Eyes. With my DSLR footage I convert everything to Cineform for ease of dditing. Then put the captured sound and Cineform files in a directory, and then tell Dual Eyes to synch it. I come back later and I have either individual sound files trimmed exactly to the length of each clip and named to match the clips, or ( if I have selected it) entirely new Cineform files mated with the captured sound.

Jeff Harper October 11th, 2011 06:17 PM

Wow, that is amazing. Seriously. Very cool.

Graham Bernard October 11th, 2011 10:16 PM

Am I correct in thinking that Plural Eyes is purely for synching? Does it have multicam editing functions too?

TIA

Grazie

Jeff Harper October 11th, 2011 10:40 PM

Plural Eyes syncs the audio from video clips for multicam editing. It's purpose is to sync up video clips for purposes of multicamera editing. You lay the footage out in Vegas, and you place footage from, say Camera One on one timeline, then camera two on another timeline, etc, and then you start plural eyes and it syncs it up.

Graham Bernard October 11th, 2011 10:43 PM

So "yes" to synching, but "no" to multicam editing?

Grazie

Jeff Harper October 11th, 2011 11:06 PM

Yes, it is a synching program, not an editing program. For great multicam editing I use Ultimate S, it's fantastic.

Graham Bernard October 12th, 2011 12:07 AM

So, after Plural Eyes syncing you go on to use UltimateS Pro for multicam editing? Yes? I'm assuming there isn't syncing in UliS?

Grazie

Jeff Harper October 12th, 2011 01:04 AM

Correct, Plural Eyes is all there is for synching unless someone knows something else, I've not heard of it.

Vasst also sells a standalone multicamera plug in for Vegas which would give you the multicam feature without having to buy the whole Ultimate S program. Visit VASST website for the free trial version.

Noa Put October 12th, 2011 05:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicholas de Kock (Post 1686656)
I've tried it on Premiere and it really sucks!

same experience here, tried the pe trial and it completely messed up, maybe I did something wrong but it wasn't quite intuitive to use.