VMS 10 HD Platinum capturing video at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old October 7th, 2011, 04:51 PM   #1
Major Player

VMS 10 HD Platinum capturing video

Is it possible for this vegas version to capture SD footage from a DV camera. I am editing a video in HDV
and a friend has some footage I would like to use but he has shot it in SD. When I try to capture it withVMS 10 I get a message saying device error or device not available. I can capture in HDV with no problems. I use a Sony HDV camcorder which allows to convert the output to DV standard, even then I can't capture the SD conversion. Any Ideas please.
Roy Alexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2011, 06:40 AM   #2
Sponsor: JET DV

Re: VMS 10 HD Platinum capturing video

Yes it can capture DV. However, you must use the external DV capture program. If you have yours set up to automatically do HDV, you will need to go into the preferences and change it so that it will do DV instead. Then it will open up the external DV capture program so you can capture from the DV tape.
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2011, 09:22 AM   #3
Major Player

Re: VMS 10 HD Platinum capturing video

Thankyou Edward. Following your advice I have now captured DV footage OK. I tried to find the relative instructions in the Vegas help programme by typing DV Capture in the search box and came up with something about Monitors. Eventually on a whim I typed in Import and found the answer partially. I could not find the part telling me to click in the box to activate the external capturing device. If I hadn't had your reply I would still be hunting the elusive instructions. I do find Vegas help programme very confusing. Well, thank you again, and all those contributors to this forum who are willing to help others.
Roy Alexander is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...