DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   Vegas 11 Released (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/501693-vegas-11-released.html)

Dugi Barr October 17th, 2011 06:27 AM

Vegas 11 Released

..but not for XP!!!
Sony Creative Software - Download: Vegas Pro

Nicholas de Kock October 17th, 2011 09:50 AM

Re: Vegas 11 Released

Thanks for the heads up, so much for subscribing to their mailing list for the release notification. Any ideas where the best price for an upgrade will be found?

PS: No one should still be using XP, Microsoft doesn't even support XP anymore.

Edward Troxel October 17th, 2011 09:54 AM

The best upgrade price will be direct from Sony and Mike has already posted the link to it. If you have selected to receive e-mails from Sony, you should also get an e-mail from them as well.

Jeff Harper October 17th, 2011 10:40 AM

I always get emails from them, always get notified of upgrades and newletters, make sure you subscribe when you register if you haven't yet.

Nicholas de Kock October 17th, 2011 10:54 AM

Been checking for it's release daily :) Got the trail installed now and there is a few nice changes like the Folder structure for Video FX, Transitions, etc & search however the Render As dialog has been completely redesigned and I feel quite lost trying to render - an estimated size of render would have been nice. I'm hoping the new Folder structure will allow for the creation of a customized Favorites folder as I really only use 5 Video FX on a regular basis would like a clutter free FX work-space.

No "Options.BypassAllVideoFX" keyboard shortcut added, sadness. Doesn't look like GPU Acceleration supports my Geforce 9800GT? Still have to test Cineform hopefully they fixed their issues.

David Johns October 17th, 2011 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edward Troxel (Post 1689341)
If you have selected to receive e-mails from Sony, you should also get an e-mail from them as well.

Well I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I've been a customer since Vegas Video 2.0 and am on their mailing list and even added my name to their "get emailed when Vegas Pro 11 is out" thingy - but didn't receive anything and never do, apart from their newsletters rather sporadically.

:-(

David

Jeff Harper October 17th, 2011 11:34 AM

This is the kind of thing that happens to everyone else, but this time it's happening to me. Won't open. The little startup thingy pops up, and it goes no further. I'll uninstall and see what happens.

Jeff Harper October 17th, 2011 11:54 AM

No problem, I had the wrong version installed anyway (32bit), so I'm downloading the correct version. 32 bit should have worked, but it doesn't matter, don't want it, I uninstalled it.