DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   Rendering templates not in Vegas 11 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/501782-rendering-templates-not-vegas-11-a.html)

Jeff Harper October 19th, 2011 12:02 PM

Rendering templates not in Vegas 11

I can't find the Internet template for sony AVC encoder. Some templates I created in 10 show up, others do not, anyone know if there is a way to bring them into 11?

I am stupid with rendering and when I find what works it's after a ton of trial and error, so I'd like to have access. Especially I want to do a render test using the exact same settings I had before.

Mike Kujbida October 19th, 2011 12:12 PM

Re: Rendering templates not in Vegas 11

A few users on the Sony forum have reported this quirk and a reboot often (but not always) cured the problem.
Sony AVC Encoder gone?

Jeff Harper October 19th, 2011 12:15 PM

Ian, thanks, it does seem to be a common quirk. I've tried finding it repeatedly in different sessions, so if it's not showing up by now it likely won't until this is fixed in the first update.

Mike Kujbida October 19th, 2011 01:21 PM

Jeff, I don't know if you got to the bottom of the thread I linked to to but amendegw (Jerry Amende on here) posted the following suggestion.

Still looking for a workaround. This seems to work. But this problem is so "flakey", I'm not sure the workaround is reproducible.

1) Options->Preferences->Uncheck Automatically open last project on startup.
2) Close Vegas
3) Open Vegas to blank project.
4) Insert a Generated Text Event
5) File->Render As (just to check to see if the Sony AVC Encoder is listed as an option.)
6) File->Open->the project you want to render
7) File->Render As. Check to see if the Sony AVC Encoder is there

So far this has worked for me.

Jeff Harper October 19th, 2011 01:24 PM

Ian, I did not go to the bottom, I just scanned it. I will try the solution and see what happens, thank you. For now I've reproduced the template I needed, so no worries there, and it shows up in both places as it should.

Thanks for your help.

Jeff Harper October 19th, 2011 01:26 PM

I see now...my problem isn't the AVC encoder templates not showing up, it's a specific template within that group. I guess I'm lucky in that respect.

Jerry Amende October 19th, 2011 02:37 PM

Hey! A reference by Mike Kujbida! Can I use you as a resume reference? Oh, that's right, I'm retired.

...Jerry (the other Rodney) [heh, heh]

Mike Kujbida October 20th, 2011 04:03 AM

Jerry, you deserve a lot of credit for the work you did on that tutorial as well as all the help you've given here and on other Vegas forums.
It's great to have you here so that we can all benefit from your experience.