DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   Rendering as QuickTime (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/502108-rendering-quicktime.html)

Ron Cooper October 28th, 2011 10:58 PM

Rendering as QuickTime

I have an HD project on the time line with settings - HDV / upper field first / par 1.3333 (HDV 1080) and have no problem rendering to HDV or Mpeg-2. (Veg Pro 9).

However, when I render to QT, instead of it taking a few minutes for the render box to complete (100%) it jumps to 100% and the resulting file is only 1Kb and hence won't play. How do I make a high quality QuickTime file that will play ?

Any suggestions ?

RonC.

Leslie Wand October 28th, 2011 11:35 PM

Re: Rendering as QuickTime

what version vegas / what version quicktime?

Ron Cooper October 29th, 2011 12:32 AM

Vegas Pro 9 as mentioned, to QT7. This is the only one listed in the Vegas menu.

RonC

Leslie Wand October 29th, 2011 03:01 AM

sorry...

what version of quicktime do you have installed?

apparently you need 7.6.2, no later otherwise you'll have problems in vegas.

Ron Cooper October 29th, 2011 06:34 AM

Thanks Leslie, - trap for the unwary it seems. I downloaded the latest QT last week but when I open the player and go to properties I cannot see any version reference. How do you determine the version ?

Obviously it will be the latest version so I suppose it will be later than what Vegas wants to use.

Ron C

Edward Troxel October 29th, 2011 07:25 AM

If you downloaded the current version last week, it is certainly NOT 7.6.2.

Ron Cooper October 30th, 2011 05:00 AM

I uninstalled QT, re-installed Vers. 7.6.2 re-booted and tried again but I still get the same result.
When I try to play this "rendered ??" file, I get :

Error - 2000: a necessary data reference could not be resolved (file name).mov.sfl

Any further suggestions ?

RonC

Seth Bloombaum October 30th, 2011 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ron Cooper (Post 1692522)
Error - 2000: a necessary data reference could not be resolved (file name).mov.sfl

This may be a corrupt sfl file, perhaps something to do with your previous version of QT. Try deleting it or archiving it elsewhere - Vegas should create a new one...

Ron Cooper October 30th, 2011 08:47 PM

Thanks Seth, I will try this but I don't follow why it does not create a big file in the first place - (even a corrupted one !), as it simply shows a 100% render, instantly.

RonC.

Ron Cooper October 31st, 2011 04:53 AM

Further to my last reply I now realise that I had to uninstall the previous version of QT before I could install v. 7.6.2. Once I did this I then re-booted to make sure that the older version should then install OK.

RonC.

Edward Troxel October 31st, 2011 07:14 AM

Uncheck the "Include Markers" box.

Ron Cooper November 1st, 2011 04:58 AM

Thanks Edward, but unfortuneately it made no difference.

RonC.