DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   No Markers showing up in DVDA 5.2 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/502136-no-markers-showing-up-dvda-5-2-a.html)

Jeff Harper October 30th, 2011 06:46 AM

No Markers showing up in DVDA 5.2

This is a first (for me). Brought in my video, but there are no markers. There should be markers. Why are there no markers? Somebody please tell me. This project has like 40 chapters, I really don't want to do this in DVDA. I hate creating markers in DVDA, it is a pain and so tedious.

Mike Kujbida October 30th, 2011 07:12 AM

Re: No Markers showing up in DVDA 5.2

Dumb question but you did try the "load markers" icon in the DVDA timeline, right?

Jeff Harper October 30th, 2011 07:22 AM

Yeah, I tried that, sadly, no joy. Also, my rendering process is always the same, I always render to a specific, ready made folder. So all of the rendered files and those assoicated with the render are present when I drag the video into DVDA.

I still have a license for Vegas 8, I'm trying to remember which DVDA version went with it so I can download it. This video is due tomorrow and I'm hoping to have it burned and done today before I go on a shoot this afternoon.

Mike do you remember which version of DVDA went with Vegas 8?

Jeff Harper October 30th, 2011 07:25 AM

I have a license for DVDA 4.5, but that download is not showing up on the download site, I might be screwed.

Mike Kujbida October 30th, 2011 07:34 AM

1 Attachment(s)
VASST used to have a great free script on their site that would generate the marker file from Vegas but it's no longer there :(
That got me looking through my script collection and I came across the attached file that should help.
I tested it in Pro 8 and Pro 10 and it worked in DVDA 5.2 after I already had it open with a test file with no markers.
Run it in Vegas, make sure to give it the same name when prompted and then try the "load markers" icon in DVDA.
I sure hope it works for you like it did for me.

Jeff Harper October 30th, 2011 07:40 AM

Mike, as always you are most kind.

I feel a bit foolish. In Vegas it seems we must check the box to load markers under "Metadata Options". So now I will re-render. Means I have to delay my nap for another hour, bit irritating, but nothing to be done about it. Been up all night and thought I was nearly done, but I'm not. Ok, I'm whining now.

Thanks Mike, I've downloaded the thingy you sent for safety's sake.

Jeff Harper October 30th, 2011 07:42 AM

Wait, because of your script, I don't have to re-render, I get it now. Cool! I'm about to try it, thanks.

Jeff Harper October 30th, 2011 07:48 AM

Like magic, too cool, Mike. Wow. Awesome.

Mike Kujbida October 30th, 2011 08:24 AM

Always glad to help a fellow user in trouble :)
Glad that it worked for you.

Jeff Harper October 30th, 2011 10:03 AM

MIke, can't thank you enough. Instead of fiddling with markers, I spent the time making a very nice black and white/old timey video highlight clip the customer will love. It was something I wouldn't have had time to do otherwise. Have a great day! I need to get some sleep, big, long shoot today coming up in just a few hours.

David Jimerson October 30th, 2011 12:18 PM

Keep in mind that the .sfk file needs to be in the same folder as the video file. That's where the marker information is stored -- so if you move the video file without moving the .sfk file, you'll lose the markers.

Jeff Harper October 30th, 2011 12:23 PM

Thanks David, I addressed that near the top, but thanks anyway, good for anyone reading this thread to know.

Mike Kujbida October 30th, 2011 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Jimerson (Post 1692600)
Keep in mind that the .sfk file needs to be in the same folder as the video file. That's where the marker information is stored -- so if you move the video file without moving the .sfk file, you'll lose the markers.

Markers are stored in the .sfl file.
.sfk files are the audio waveform files.

Jeff Harper October 30th, 2011 12:59 PM

I can't keep them straight myself, so I just make sure they are all there!

David Jimerson October 30th, 2011 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Kujbida (Post 1692603)
Markers are stored in the .sfl file.
.sfk files are the audio waveform files.

Yes. My mistake.