Sony Vegas Pro 11 update - Page 4 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old November 2nd, 2011, 03:38 PM   #46
Major Player

Re: Sony Vegas Pro 11 update

Ok so i guess ill have to reformat, because now when i click render as vegas crashes every single time with the new update :(
Tom Bostick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2011, 06:23 PM   #47
Inner Circle

Ouch. Sorry about your luck, that sucks. I had just ordered and received a new hard drive for my OS within a day of the Vegas 11 release, I was lucky in a way, I had a clean install anyway to work from.

Keep in mind, in case you have issues, Tom. I speak as someone who used to routinely reinstall windows every month or two just to keep it running like new (I was ridiculously obsessive, and I understand that now).

Sometimes even a fresh install of Windows won't run right and has to be done a second time. My current installation is running a little weird, and I'm thinking I have to redo the whole thing, but I'm trying to avoid it.

Like sometimes when I power up, things freeze for a few minutes. The most surefire way to get a good install is to do a complete format of the entire drive, not just the quickie format that Windows installation does. That leaves behind all kinds of stuff. Technically a quick format should do the trick, but it doesn't always. This time I didn't do the complete format, I was lazy and in a hurry, and I'm already sorry.
Old November 3rd, 2011, 08:00 AM   #48
Major Player

OK Jeff.
I'll give it a try, I will go a head and re-install windows.
Old November 3rd, 2011, 08:03 AM   #49
Inner Circle

Dror, if you know how, try your best to do a long format on your drive, not the quick one. Your installation will be more assured to really be a good one.

After you have all of your drivers installed, defragment your hard drive. Then Install Vegas first, before any other major programs. Good luck!
Old November 3rd, 2011, 03:49 PM   #50
Trustee

Jeff,
I, like so many others, am still having issues with Cineform files in Vegas 11, have all/most of the problems gone now with your clean install?
I'm still getting crashes when scrolling to open the timeline, other crashes as well, but that is the main one.
Really dont want to do a clean install :{

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...