DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   HDV1080i -> 1080 24p in Vegas (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/50243-hdv1080i-1080-24p-vegas.html)

Wojtek Tryc August 30th, 2005 07:32 AM

HDV1080i -> 1080 24p in Vegas

Hi,
I know that this subject has been discussed number of times on this and other forums. However, I can not find any clear description on how to actually do it.
Douglas described how to do "standard" 24p conversion in Vegas but what templates do I use for my project and how do I render my project if I use HDV not DV? I am still not 100% clear. Also, how do I downconvert resulting 1080-24p to NTSC/PAL DVD (also 24p)? There is many solutions but which one is the best?
Any help would be greatly appreciated
Regards,
Wojtek

Wojtek Tryc September 1st, 2005 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wojtek Tryc
Hi,
I know that this subject has been discussed number of times on this and other forums. However, I can not find any clear description on how to actually do it.
Douglas described how to do "standard" 24p conversion in Vegas but what templates do I use for my project and how do I render my project if I use HDV not DV? I am still not 100% clear. Also, how do I downconvert resulting 1080-24p to NTSC/PAL DVD (also 24p)? There is many solutions but which one is the best?
Any help would be greatly appreciated
Regards,
Wojtek

Anyone?
Thx,
W

Kevin Red September 1st, 2005 08:35 PM

I'm no expert, but using a regular 1080i template, just render as 24p 2:3 avi.

Seems too simple, maybe I'm wrong.

Heath McKnight September 1st, 2005 10:59 PM

Gearshift:

http://www.vasst.com/search.aspx?text=gearshift

heath

Wojtek Tryc September 2nd, 2005 06:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevin Red
I'm no expert, but using a regular 1080i template, just render as 24p 2:3 avi.

Seems too simple, maybe I'm wrong.

The regular template for rendering supports either NTSC/DV and 24p or HDV 60i...
How do I specify 2:3 with HDV resolution...
Thanks,
Wojtek

Wojtek Tryc September 2nd, 2005 06:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heath McKnight

Yes, I know...but I would like to understand it first then I can decide what I need to purchase to automate the process...
Thanks,
WOjtek

Douglas Spotted Eagle September 2nd, 2005 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wojtek Tryc
Yes, I know...but I would like to understand it first then I can decide what I need to purchase to automate the process...
Thanks,
WOjtek

GearShift will convert the footage to 24p properly if you use it prior to editing your HDV.
Rendering your HDV for downconversion to SD 24p is the easiest thing in the world. Just render to the MPEG 24p template in Vegas. For PAL, you'll just want to change the project properties of Vegas to PAL widescreen, and then apply a pan/crop (using a script tool is best) and render in the same way.

Wojtek Tryc September 2nd, 2005 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Douglas Spotted Eagle
GearShift will convert the footage to 24p properly if you use it prior to editing your HDV.
Rendering your HDV for downconversion to SD 24p is the easiest thing in the world. Just render to the MPEG 24p template in Vegas. For PAL, you'll just want to change the project properties of Vegas to PAL widescreen, and then apply a pan/crop (using a script tool is best) and render in the same way.

Douglas,
I understand how to reneder to SD (24p) as I can use one of the templates available in Vegas, but how about creating 1080-24p file?
Thanks,
Wojtek

Wojtek Tryc September 3rd, 2005 08:38 AM

GearShift

Quote:

Originally Posted by Douglas Spotted Eagle

I just purchased GearShift, Thank You
Wojtek

Douglas Spotted Eagle September 3rd, 2005 10:37 AM

To render to 24p, you can use GearShift, or you can simply use the template that you'll notice GearShift has added to your templates. Just choose the 1080 24p template in the Render options.