Urgent Help For Puzzling Rendering On Overlay at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old November 8th, 2011, 09:31 AM   #1
Major Player

Urgent Help For Puzzling Rendering On Overlay

I never had this "problem" until I got Vegas Movie Studio HD Platinum 11.0.

In the good old days (earlier Vegas versions) I would place stills/photos on the video track above to replace whatever was on the original video track. In fact, when I do this with 11.0 it looks fine on timeline playback. But when it's rendered the underlying video track appears on the sides. WHY??? Why OK on playback and not the same when rendered? To correct this I have to fiddle with the Video Overlay to reconfigure, but it's a big pain, especially if I have tons of photos. How do I get the playback visuals to render just as I see them?? Is it a rendering setting problem or some setting on the timeline I can fix/strangle to rid myself of this incredibly inconvenient dilemma?

Thanks!

P.S. I should also add that each photo I use is often cropped and sized to fit the screen (I use the usual Video Event Pan/Crop) The Video Overlay functions seems to be competing with this.

Last edited by Barry Rivadue; November 8th, 2011 at 10:07 AM.
Barry Rivadue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2011, 10:15 AM   #2
Sponsor: JET DV

Re: Urgent Help For Puzzling Rendering On Overlay

Are you rendering to the same aspect as you are previewing?
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2011, 10:57 AM   #3
Major Player

Re: Urgent Help For Puzzling Rendering On Overlay

I did both widescreen and non-widescreen renders, but same result. I'm trying a workaround in which I render each track separately and then sync them together. So far it seems to work, but it's one extra step. In other editions I never had to preset or adjust anything.

Barry
Barry Rivadue is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...