DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   Audio scrambled in Vegas Pro 10 render \ reimport (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/502500-audio-scrambled-vegas-pro-10-render-reimport.html)

Jeff Green November 9th, 2011 10:19 AM

Audio scrambled in Vegas Pro 10 render \ reimport

Hey Guys....I have a wedding video that I have edited 3 segments on 3 separate timelines for this project. Each timeline had the same project settings as did the renders to mp4 codec. I then wanted to bring all three videos into a new timeline for DVD Authoring and completion. However, when I reimported the mp4's (which, by the way, each played fine in Windows Media Player) the audio is now garbled in the new timeline. I cannot figure this out. These are the render settings I am using:

VIDEO:

Sony AVC/MVC (*mp4, *.m2ts, *.avc)
Internet 1920x1080-30p
Profile: baseline
Entropy Coding: CAVLC
Frame Rate: 29.970 (NTSC)
Field Order: None (progressive)
Pixel aspect ratio: 1.0000
Bit-rate: 16,000,000
Encode mode: Render using GPU if available

AUDIO:

Audio Format: AAC
Sample Rate: 48,000
Bit Rate: 256,000
Audio coding mode: Surround 5.1

Again I would render segment and then reimport into a new project with a fresh timeline (same specs) and the audio continues to be garbled. Any help is much appreciated!!!

Jeff Harper November 9th, 2011 10:31 AM

Re: Audio scrambled in Vegas Pro 10 render \ reimport

Can you just cut and paste from one project to another to create one mp4 instead of rendering out a total of 4 times? It's what I do. Some use nested projects, but I don't care for that myself.

Jeff Green November 9th, 2011 11:05 AM

I suppose I could do that Jeff. The video clips are somewhat effects heavy so I do not if the copy and paste will take it. My system is an i7-975, 12gb ram, win 7 64bit so I would think I could do that so I'll give it a try. I guess I could do a section at a time if it gave me a fit.

Would still like to hear other suggestions too. My concern here is that I will have to re-render the video for DVD with all those effects as well as it being 1080p.

Thanks for the quick reply!

UPDATE: Just tried the copy and paste and it did not even begin to let me. I was afraid of that. Anybody with another idea - many thanks!

Don Bloom November 9th, 2011 03:41 PM

if the effects are track level that will be a problem but if they are at clip level it should work. You did open 2 instances of Vegas right? one with the original project and the other blank to paste in. I only ask because it's the most obvious reason for it not to work.

Jerry Amende November 9th, 2011 04:03 PM

Jeff,

Pardon me if this is obvious to you, but you have set the Audio tab of your Project Properties to Master bus mode: 5.1, haven't you? I'm assuming your source is 5.1 audio.

...Jerry

Leslie Wand November 9th, 2011 04:59 PM

can't seem to figure out where the mp4's come into it.

what was your source footage?

if it wasn't mp4 why are you taking mp4's to dvd?