V11, only one instance with GPU Acceleration? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old November 10th, 2011, 12:26 PM   #1
Major Player

V11, only one instance with GPU Acceleration?

I have been comfortable with having several instances of vegas 10 open and pasting stuff back and forth.

With v11 there is no playback and an error message "The Request is not enables for this device" when I switch between instances and attempt playback from the timeline.

Can anyone else pls confirm this, that V11 with GPU acceleration enabled only allows one instance of V11 at a time? Or is my system malfunctioning with a Gigabyte nVidia GTX 460 card?

Thanks
Magnus
Old November 10th, 2011, 12:51 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: V11, only one instance with GPU Acceleration?

It's working for me. I turned on GPU, which I normally leave off, just to test, and opened up two projects and got playback on both simultaneously.

When Seth B recently asked about buying a new $300 video card, this is the exact reason I recommended he go with a faster processor instead.

I have had multiple issues with GPU acceleration, and I just turned it off. It's not a big deal to me. I had trouble with copying and pasting between muliple instances of Vegas, which I do an awful lot, but didn't know if it was the GPU or not.

I have a re-certified video card so I don't trust mine to be "right". While I understand the desire we all have for better performance, I never did have high expectations for this feature, and I'm glad. Of course I wish it worked better for me, but I just feel fortunate that I can work without other serious issues with such an early version of the software.

Hopefully you can find a solution Magnus. Is your card borderline spec-wise? Maybe that's the cause?
Old November 10th, 2011, 04:41 PM   #3
Major Player

I was using the 64bit edition. After installing v11 32-bit version and enabling GPU I can have two instances running with 50fps playback simultaneously - this was not possible with the 64 bit versions...

Must be a driver issue...

/m
Old November 10th, 2011, 09:11 PM   #4
Inner Circle

FWIW I am running 64 bit.
Old November 11th, 2011, 10:52 AM   #5
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnus Helander View Post
Can anyone else pls confirm this, that V11 with GPU acceleration enabled only allows one instance of V11 at a time?
Hello, Magnus,

I have just tried it and had no problem. Both previews ran at the same speed they run when there is only one Vegas instance open. I have Windows 7 Ultimate, ran the 64-bit version with both instances (I do not even have the 32-bit version installed). My GPU is NVIDIA GT 430 (Zotac), and I used GPU acceleration in both Vegas instances.

So, no I cannot confirm it.
Adam Stanislav is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...