Output file renders single frame only at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old November 27th, 2011, 12:13 PM   #1
Major Player

Output file renders single frame only

This is driving me nuts: suddenly any clip I render out, either as an mp4, or wmv won't render all the frames. Somehow the video clips playback only the first frame. What happened? The clips playback properly from the Vegas timeline, but as I render a loop I can already see on the preview window that only the first frame is being rendered. I need help in a hurry -- anyone here today? I'm on Vegas 11; 64bit; Windows 7. My clips are imported uncompressed AVI files from an animation application.
Old November 27th, 2011, 02:09 PM   #2
Major Player

Re: Output file renders single frame only

Besides rebooting my computer and all the other tests, such as loading another project etc and getting nowhere, I uninstalled and reinstalled Vegas 11 with no change! I'm desperate; I have to have this rendered today, and I remembered I still have Vegas 10 and it works! I can render video files again. The problem lies with Vegas 11 and most likely a setting I inadvertently tripped without being aware of doing so. Can anyone think of a button, a setting of the render As function that would want to prevent Vegas from rendering all frames? Who would need that? Still stumped.
Old November 27th, 2011, 02:36 PM   #3
Major Player

I figured it out. I was using a shortcut button on my Wacom tablet that was set to CTRL SHIFT M but somehow was not sending out that command. It was activating Render properly but deselected the loop bar to a single frame. I wasn't seeing this happen because the clip was covered by the Render As Panel. After reentering the same command into Wacom all is working again. It figures that the culprit was Wacom -- their software is never up to anything good.
Old November 27th, 2011, 08:53 PM   #4
Trustee

Glad you got it solved!
Adam Stanislav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2011, 09:04 PM   #5
Major Player

Thanks, Adam. What still baffles me is, if my shortcut button made the loop bar jump to a single frame, how did the Render As know when to stop? This was one of the reasons it was so hard for me to locate the source of the problem; everything worked as should except for not rendering all the frames.

Oh well, I don't expect anyone here ever running into this one.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...