watermark is not showing after render. It is a brainteaser !! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old December 16th, 2011, 08:15 AM   #1
Major Player

watermark is not showing after render. It is a brainteaser !!

I have an AVI file when I render it to any format it would not show the watermark on the JPEG picture in the video when I play it outside of Vegas11, but when I drag the same rendered file back to Vegas on the timeline I can see the watermark, is there a codec missing in my computer outside of Vegas, it just doesn't make sense.
Attached Thumbnails
watermark is not showing after render. It is a brainteaser !!-watermark.jpg  
Michael Ojjeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2011, 10:00 AM   #2
Major Player

Re: watermark is not showing after render. It is a brainteaser !!

I played the video file (.avi, .m2t) On VLC media player and it showed the watermark with no problem but when played in window media player you don't see the watermark,
I converted the file using Sothink video converter to .flv file and it did not show the watermark either. That's crazy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old December 17th, 2011, 02:29 PM   #3
Inner Circle

That is so weird, Michael! I though about possibilities after I read your first post and it almost gave me a headache. Strange thing!
Jeff Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2011, 02:37 PM   #4
Major Player

Hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Ojjeh View Post
I played the video file (.avi, .m2t) On VLC media player and it showed the watermark with no problem but when played in window media player you don't see the watermark,
I converted the file using Sothink video converter to .flv file and it did not show the watermark either. That's crazy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Perhaps it's a levels thing. VLC seems to show things at computer level, so 0-255, whereas windows media player will treat video as video and assume it is 16-235. That means in media player any shades above 235 are lost, so if your watermark is light grey at or above level 235 on a white background at 255, when played back they both become 235 and get stretch up to 255 to become white, so it seemingly disappears.

You can test for this in Vegas. Simply add a Computer to Studio level filter in the video track, and if it then disappears in the preview window, that is your issue.

Regards

Phil
Phil Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2011, 04:38 PM   #5
Major Player

Phil, when I play the file or the rendered file inside Vegas it plays fine on the preview window even if I apply effect to it, but outside Vegas the render file only plays in VLC media player with the watermark in it.

I just found a solution for it by rendering the file to Windows media video V11 (.wmv) and that works fine and it shows the watermark in the video. I have no idea why ! but for now my client is happy with it and that's what counts..

Thanks for the replies
Old December 18th, 2011, 01:23 AM   #6
Inner Circle

wmv is a good format for many things, so sound like a good solution!
Jeff Harper is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...