New update for Pro 11 - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old December 18th, 2011, 10:55 PM   #16
Trustee

Re: New update for Pro 11

You’re most welcome, Jeff. :)
Adam Stanislav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 20th, 2011, 03:26 AM   #17
Inner Circle

Several days of edting, and one minor crash. This is phenomenal. I've also found that my Ultimate S buttons on the toolbar do not disappear as they used to in mid-editing with Vegas 10.
Jeff Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 24th, 2011, 03:17 PM   #18
Major Player

im very pleased with the latest 64 bit version, im rendering with gpu and no problems so far!
Tom Bostick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 24th, 2011, 03:34 PM   #19
Inner Circle

I got a new card (refurb from EVGA) and preview with gpu is still no good. I cannot preview "best" quality 1080i 3 cams with or without gpu without major slowdowns. Sucks.
Old December 25th, 2011, 08:37 AM   #20
Inner Circle

I use Vegas and Edius Jeff. If you want full frame rate, full resolution , multicam playback try Edius. I have just edited 5 track AVCHD 1920x1080i show, multicam at full frame rate and resolution with no problems on my system. My system is not top of the line its a Z68 board with i7 2600K , 8G RAM, Win7 64 Home Premium, GTX560 ( though Edius only uses for some filters which I do not use anyway). Edius does use the Intel QuickSync for h264 export though resulting in Bluray export to h264 at less than half realtime. I use the SPARK HD board to monitor timeline on a HD TV.

I use Edius for video and Vegas for audio ( not a strong point of Edius) and DVD Architect 5.2 to author.

Ron Evans
Ron Evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 25th, 2011, 09:01 AM   #21
Inner Circle

Ron, I have a I7 980 processor running a 4.2ghz, and the footage is on $2k worth of SAS drives, so it's getting old now dealing with this. I have invested much more money than I would have needed to do with Edius, for sure.

I'm aware, because of your talking about Edius for a couple of years, how great Edius is for preview.

What about ease of use, and how's the transition from Vegas?
Old December 25th, 2011, 09:21 AM   #22
Inner Circle

I have no problem switching between them. But have been using Vegas since its audio only days. I have Shuttle Pro and have this set up so that it controls both programs the same. There is a little learning curve but not as different as say CS5.5 and there are good training videos available that are worth viewing FIRST. All my multicam is in Edius but I often use Vegas for a simple single track family video and always use Vegas/Sound Forge for audio. They complement each other for my use. With both installed the Canopus HQ codec is available to Vegas ( sort of competitor to Cineform) allowing easy transfer between the programs if needed.

Ron Evans
Ron Evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2012, 11:06 AM   #23
Trustee

Does any new version (after 8) handle the HV20 24p pulldown? I know the Premiere can, but I haven't kept up with the new Vegas updates.
David Delaney is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...