DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   New update for Pro 11 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/503644-new-update-pro-11-a.html)

Mike Kujbida December 16th, 2011 02:43 PM

New update for Pro 11

Merry Christmas from Sony:)
Sony Creative Software - Download: Vegas Pro 11.0

Notable fixes/changes in version 11.0 (Build 510/511)

Updated Sony AVC format render template customization to support AVCHD 2.0.
Added StreamChase® feature for editing media while it is being ingested by an XDCAM® Professional Media Station.
Added Sony Tablet presets to Sony AVC format.
Improved performance for MVC reading.
Added support for 24p MVC as well as support for additional 3D cameras (such as the Panasonic Z10000).
Re-enabled support for “Mono (multiple)” templates for AIFF and Wave formats.
Add the ability to create folders in Compositors window.
Added Titles & Text Scroll Left preset for creating text crawls.
Extended Titles & Text animation from first line to all lines for built-in presets.
Added GPU acceleration for Pan/Crop rotation as well as Track Motion rotation, shadow, and glow.
Added GPU acceleration for all track compositing modes.
Added GPU acceleration to the Swap, Push, Slide, Squeeze, Spiral, Zoom, Barn Door, and Split transitions.
Added GPU acceleration to the Invert effect.
Added GPU acceleration to the Checkerboard generator.
Improved GPU-accelerated image quality for downscaled images.
Implemented some performance improvements in ProType Titler and Titles & Text generators.
The cursor now stops at the exact end of a recorded event when recording is paused (for example, when using the Enter key).
Upload to YouTube has been updated according to the YouTube specification: commas (not spaces) are used to delimit tags, and single-character tags are not allowed.
Projects burned to Blu-ray Disc from the timelines now show elapsed time on hardware players.
Fixed a crash that could occur when creating transitions using NumPad * or -.
Fixed a crash that could occur when using audio plug-ins protected with PACE iLok system.
Fixed a crash that could occur when rendering to ATRAC Advanced Lossless format.
Fixed a crash that could occur when exiting the application after playing back time stretching on audio events.
Fixed a crash that could occur when opening certain unsupported MXF files.
Fixed an issue with Burn Timeline to Blu-ray Disc that caused an invalid Blu-ray image to be created when using the MainConcept MPEG-2 video format.
Fixed an image glitch that could occur with GPU-accelerated MainConcept AVC rendering.
Fixed an issue with GPU accelerated Sony AVC rendering using AMD Catalyst 11.10 or 11.11.
Fixed an issue reading MPEG-2 files with non-Latin characters in the file name or path.
Fixed an issue displaying certain non-Latin characters in ProType Titler and Titles & Text.
Fixed issues when using nonsquare pixel aspect projects with some video plug-ins.
Fixed an that prevented double-clicking an OFX pop-up fader from setting the correct default value.
Fixed an issue where transitions would not appear on the Transition shortcut menu.
Fixed an issue with Chroma Keyer changing colors when used in 32-bit floating point mode without GPU acceleration.
Fixed an issue with Pixelate producing incorrect output when used without GPU acceleration.
Fixed issues with Color Curves and Levels when used with images containing transparent alpha channels.
NVIDIA drivers prior to R270 are not allowed for GPU-accelerated video processing as they can cause crashes.
Fixed Paste Event Attributes to also paste OFX keyframes.
Fixed an issue that could cause events to use the wrong media in certain circumstances (seen when project is later loaded).
Fixed scroll wheel support for devices with high-resolution scroll wheels.
Fixed an issue that prevented mouse clicks from selecting the active multicamera take when external monitor full-screen view was enabled.
Fixed duplicate devices that could be displayed in Device Explorer.
Fixed issues with External Controls not being detected when added and MIDI learning in Control Configure not working.
Fixed an issue with closing audio ports when Close audio and MIDI ports when not the active application was enabled in Preferences > General.

Nicholas de Kock December 16th, 2011 02:50 PM

Re: New update for Pro 11

Thanks Mike!

Adam Stanislav December 16th, 2011 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Kujbida (Post 1704096)
Merry Christmas from Sony:)

Thank you, Mike. :)

Mike Prendergast December 17th, 2011 10:01 AM

Thanks Mike. Any special instructions for re-install? Just do the install or should Vegas be removed first?

Mike Kujbida December 17th, 2011 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Prendergast (Post 1704245)
Thanks Mike. Any special instructions for re-install? Just do the install or should Vegas be removed first?

Sorry Mike but, as I don't have Pro 11 on my machine yet, I can't say for sure.
With all previous versions, I've installed the new one over top of the old one and never had any problems.

Michael Ojjeh December 17th, 2011 10:51 AM

does anyone knows why you cannot paste into the text media, I thought this update will have it.

Adam Stanislav December 17th, 2011 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Prendergast (Post 1704245)

No, just install it. It will find where you have your v.11 installed and will replace whatever files have changed. That way you do not even have to re-enter your serial number.

After I installed it and ran it for the first time, it told me that a new version was available and asked if I wanted to download it. Clearly a minor bug since it did not check that it was the new version. I just dismissed the message and it never came back.

Other than that, it seems to take a lot longer to load than before. It still fails to show stereoscopy in full screen with nVidia’s active 3D glasses. No new problems so far.

James Kuhn December 17th, 2011 12:31 PM

I submitted a Trouble Ticket to Sony and I received the 'v 511' link. Since downloading the update, VP 11.0 seems stable. I think in my case the ' NVIDIA drivers prior to R270 are not allowed for GPU-accelerated video processing as they can cause crashes.' where giving me trouble. I have a Quadro 4000 GPU, every time I would try to update my drivers, I'd get an error message stating the nVidia Driver was not not compatible with the OS.

We'll see how it goes.

J.

Jeff Harper December 17th, 2011 02:07 PM

I'm very pleased with Sony's diligence in addressing issues. My hats off to the Vegas team.

Dennis Vogel December 17th, 2011 03:00 PM

Any idea why Sony has dropped the "a, b, ..." suffix to differentiate updates? It seems as build number is the way they are doing it.

Duane Adam December 17th, 2011 04:53 PM

I can confirm that my plugins requiring i-lok now work. That was a quick fix, thanks.

Jeff Harper December 18th, 2011 03:28 AM

I'm very happy. I've been editing for hours with no crashes. I'm receiving a new video card (I sent RMA'd my old one to EVGA and they are sending me a new one) so I'm going to try GPU acceleration again here soon.

This edition of V11 seems rock solid for me. Well done Sony!

Where can I message Sony directly? I never use the forums there, but I'd like to let them know their work is appreciated. If anyone knows, please share that info with me.

Adam Stanislav December 18th, 2011 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff Harper (Post 1704364)
Where can I message Sony directly? I never use the forums there, but I'd like to let them know their work is appreciated. If anyone knows, please share that info with me.

That information is available at Sony Creative Software - Support - Contact Us.

Jeff Harper December 18th, 2011 02:20 PM

Thanks Adam. Been editing for 12 hours straight, just had my first crash, pretty minor.

Magnus Helander December 18th, 2011 05:03 PM

Quote:

Added GPU acceleration for Pan/Crop rotation as well as Track Motion rotation, shadow, and glow.
Ah, thank you. Frame rate dropped from 50fps to 3fps after adding the Track Motion shadow...