Vegas 9 crashes when I try to render 1080i avchd at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old December 20th, 2011, 05:38 PM   #1
Major Player

Vegas 9 crashes when I try to render 1080i avchd

I hope you folks can help. I have been trying to render a 10 minute piece that I recorded at 29fps-interlaced.
The original is 1080i-avchd - recorded on a Panasonic TM900. Unfortunately, my computer completely dies when I try to render it.

What I'm trying to render it to is Sony AVC (mp4) using the Internet 16:9 HD 30P template.

My Toshiba satellite 660 with 4 gigs of ram and an i7processor worked fine with SD has really slowed down with HD - which I am dealing with by upgrading to a new computer, but will this work at all? Is there some other format that I should try to render to - I want to send the pieces to Vimeo.

One more thing - I'm using Windows 7 home premium - would it help if I were using Windows 7 Pro?

I really appreciate your help.
Milt Lee
Milt Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 20th, 2011, 07:48 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: Vegas 9 crashes when I try to render 1080i avchd

Milt, until someone smarter comes along, try customizing your template by lowering the bit rate from 15,000,000 to 12,000,000 and see what happens and /or change properties in the project properties from best to good. I highly doubt it will help, but who knows.

Another possible workaround would be to render to a different codec, such as Mainconcept avc (mp4). I had issues with Vegas 11's first build rendering some 720 60p, and when I created my own template, it worked fine.

I think bottom line that the 1920x1080 size is the issue, and that yes, you are underpowered, but I hope that if you fiddle with some different render settings you can figure something out.
Jeff Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 20th, 2011, 09:17 PM   #3
Major Player

Thanks! I really appreciate it. My new machine is running the i7 2600 Sandy Bridge with 16 gigs of ram and a very fast SSD - decent video card, so it should do OK.

Thanks again,
Milt
Old December 21st, 2011, 12:29 AM   #4
Inner Circle

Milt, you could also try rendering using a wmv template. Wmv is used by some for uploading to the web. It's not the codec of first choice, but it will certainly work if you can make it happen. Again, doubtful but why not try?
Jeff Harper is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...