Audio close to a Waterfall at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old January 2nd, 2012, 12:01 AM   #1
Inner Circle

Audio close to a Waterfall

Hey Guys

I know I'm lazy but does anyone have a really good fix to kill the sound of a small waterfall about 20' away from my wedding ceremony?? It only drops maybe around 10' at the most so it's not a thundering roar !!

The best I can get so far is using the EQ plugin and basically taking everything higher than 2100hz and dropping it's level to infinity....AFAIK water has a pretty wide frequency range and is similar to white noise but supressing frequencies over 2000 certainly drops it to a gentle hiss as the rest of the audio is just speech !! I was just wondering if anyone had managed to discover a tiny waterfall's bandwidth so one can use a bandpass but I think the range is just too wide.

I'm sure the bride will be happy with what I have but if anyone else has any magic tips they would be much appreciated!!

Chris
Chris Harding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2012, 12:25 AM   #2
Trustee

Re: Audio close to a Waterfall

try isotope rx - think there's a trial period. don't know about your problem, but it's phenomenal with everything i've thrown at it.

if you post a snippet of sound (with just waterfall as well as speech) i'll give it a whirl for you....
Old January 2nd, 2012, 07:22 AM   #3
Inner Circle

Re: Audio close to a Waterfall

Thanks Leslie!

Yep, it has a try before you buy section so I'll give it a whirl!! I have two wedding venues, one with a koi pond with a noisy fountain and a park here with the little mini waterfall and bride's alway HAVE to have the water right behind them.

Chris
Chris Harding is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...