DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   Clips replacing themselves with other clips on the timeline. (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/504430-clips-replacing-themselves-other-clips-timeline.html)

Jordan Brindle January 16th, 2012 10:54 AM

Clips replacing themselves with other clips on the timeline.

This is driving me nuts.

The first dance scene on the timelime is replacing itself (in time and length) with a random 5 second cutaway stretched over the entirety of the original clip every time i close and re-open vegas. Just when i think i finish the edit, i save, close, then when i come back, that damn Christmas tree cutaway is sitting there in its place mocking me.

Can anyone tell me what on earth is going on here?

David Jimerson January 16th, 2012 11:31 AM

Re: Clips replacing themselves with other clips on the timeline.

It happened to me, and the best I can tell is that it's a bug.

I was only able to solve it by opening an earlier, untainted version of the project and copying over the affected clips.

Edward Troxel January 16th, 2012 12:06 PM

Supposedly, this has been resolved in the latest Vegas Pro 11 release.

Jordan Brindle January 20th, 2012 05:24 AM

Well i found a way to remedy the problem. Moved the affected rushes to a different folder (in this case, desktop) and imported the file back into vegas and edited it from anew. Doesn't seem to be corrupting itself any more after multiple saves.

John Stakes January 20th, 2012 07:08 AM

Glad you got this fixed. I guess Premiere isn't the only NLE mocking its Editors ;)

Graham Bernard January 20th, 2012 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edward Troxel (Post 1709746)
Supposedly, this has been resolved in the latest Vegas Pro 11 release.

Edward? I don't see this in the Bug Fix List from SCS. Do you?

I'm sure you would agree that swapped-out media IS a major failing, and consequently I would imagine that it would have been listed. As it is not, then surely installing the latest, wouldn't make a difference. Now, if it DOES make a difference then SCS has omitted it from the Fix Bug List. If THAT is true then the updating of said list, is needing to be investigated.

Tragic.

Grazie

Edward Troxel January 20th, 2012 08:11 AM

The "latest release" was 511 at the time of that post and it is listed in that list.

Jordan Brindle January 20th, 2012 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Stakes (Post 1710520)
Glad you got this fixed. I guess Premiere isn't the only NLE mocking its Editors ;)

Thanks! Alas, more problems! Vegas doesn't seem to like me playing with my edit since it reached around the 20-30 minute mark. All of a sudden it's decided its going to crash every 5-10 minutes. Very frustrating having to ctrl+s (save) after every minuscule alteration!

Im thinking it could be to do with RAM allocation (i had the dynamic ram preview @ 4000mb out of 5000mb) or hard drive space. Will report back with results.

Win 7
Intel i7 950 @ 3.80Ghz.
Corsair 6GB (3x2GB) DDR3 2000MHz
Asus P6X58D-Extreme

Gerald Webb January 20th, 2012 12:58 PM

FWIW,
Last week or 2 I have had my ram allocation set to 0 while not Shift B-ing and at render.
It seemed to steady Vegas up a bit, no crashes and no Cineform Black frames (even before the Cineform update that fixed the issue).

Jordan Brindle January 20th, 2012 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gerald Webb (Post 1710604)
FWIW,
Last week or 2 I have had my ram allocation set to 0 while not Shift B-ing and at render.
It seemed to steady Vegas up a bit, no crashes and no Cineform Black frames (even before the Cineform update that fixed the issue).

Hi Gerald,

Yep, put Ram Preview @ 1000mb, no more crashing! Cool! 2 birds with one stone in this thread.

Cheers.

David Jimerson January 20th, 2012 09:28 PM

Happens in 10, too.

Graham Bernard January 21st, 2012 12:27 AM

Thanks Edward for your clarification, my apologies.

My experience in a previous build release has been that the Cookie Cutter issue, "Circle as Oval" for 1440x1080, made it into the bug fix list, and it hadn't been fixed. So now I'm a wee bit bug-list-aware, but here I didn't take time to confirm my paranoia.

Cheers

Grazie