DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   DVDA and W.7 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/504854-dvda-w-7-a.html)

Roy Alexander February 1st, 2012 05:39 PM

Re: DVDA and W.7

DAVID. It is this model that is giving me all the problems. It won't work with my DVD architect 5 studio. I note that you are using the full version of Architect pro. Perhaps that is the difference.

Seth Bloombaum February 1st, 2012 06:23 PM

ahem. cough, cough. firmware. cough. drivers.

Really, Roy, if you're getting different results than other people using the same hardware, firmware and drivers not up to date is suspect.

David, what firmware and driver versions are you on?

David Wayne Groves February 1st, 2012 06:43 PM

Firmware version YL05
Driver 6.1.7601.17514

Roy Alexander February 2nd, 2012 02:07 AM

I don't think I have the same programme as David (I stand corrected I'm just a filmaker) I have VMS 10 platinum and DVD architect 5 STUDIO, and Windows 5 pro 32 BIT. I am trying a later model of burner, which I have loaned to me, to see if it makes any difference. I have the correct firmware but I'll get an expert to check the driver.

Ian Stark February 2nd, 2012 02:46 AM

Roy, just to clear any confusion (or add to it, by the looks of things!) my LG drive worked fine in a different Windows 7/64 PC. It's only since transferring it to this PC (also Win 7/64, also with DVDA 5.2) that I am having problems. I was also having problems with the drive it was replacing so I suspect my issues lie elsewhere. The drive plays DVDs and BRs without issue. It just seems to be burning in DVDA that's causing me a headache.

For the record I am using the same driver as David (the standard Microsoft ATAPI driver) and my firmware is 1.01, which is the latest for my model (LG BH10LS30). I only know that because I recently updated it. What I am unclear about is where you check the firmware version. Can't see anything in Control Panel.

Roy - did you get your email notifications sorted out?

Ian Stark February 2nd, 2012 03:03 AM

Update: I was mistaken. I had downloaded the 1.01 firmware but hadn't flashed the drive with it for some reason. Just done that - and all is well. 2 DVDs burned direct from DVDA since my last post.

Roy, are you certain you have the correct firmware for your drive? How and where are you checking this? I think that the driver is going to be standard across any drive from what I have just been reading, so firmware is where you need to focus first.

Seth, glad you posted your 'ahem, cough' comment yesterday, otherwise I wouldn't have checked this, thinking all was up to date.

Roy Alexander February 2nd, 2012 09:39 AM

I wish to thank all the contributers who have kindly given me advice Alas to no avail. I have installed another LG burner (loaned to me to try) It is the LG BH10LS30 and I am glad to see everything is working OK. The only operation different seems to be that I can no longer can I burn short HD files to a normal DVD. I could do this previously and it saved a lot of cash. Now if I try that a message comes up telling me to install a Blu-ray Disc. However with Aone BD-r costing only 80 pence (UK money) I can live with that. It would seem that my problems with the earlier LG model was that I was advised on a forum to upgrade the firmware, I did that and then the trouble started. Also the DVD architect studio was automatically upgraded and so it now has a higher build number. So it looks like a new burner for me. IAN. I followed you instructions regarding notifications to the letter and I won't know if it has worked until someone answers this post. Thanks again everybody for your suggestions and advice.

Roy Alexander March 22nd, 2012 04:40 PM

I have got everything working as it should simply by ditching the LG re-writer and installing the latest LG re-writer BH10LS38. thanks to everybody who offered advice.