DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   DVDA and W.7 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/504854-dvda-w-7-a.html)

Roy Alexander January 29th, 2012 02:02 PM

DVDA and W.7

Is DVDA -5 compatible with W.7.? I've had it on XP pro for a while and it works perfectly, Since installing W.7 and re-installing DVDA-5 onto it. everything has gone haywire.

David Jimerson January 29th, 2012 11:43 PM

Re: DVDA and W.7

Uninstall and reinstall. There should be no problems.

Ian Stark January 30th, 2012 02:57 AM

Describe 'haywire'.

Leslie Wand January 30th, 2012 05:37 AM

working fine here....

Roy Alexander January 30th, 2012 06:52 AM

IAN. My problem is that DVDA is working perfectly with W.7 when making DVD's. But when trying to make Blu-ray discs. It won't recognise any blank disc except for Verbatim BD-R/BD-RW. with XP I could burn HD to STD.DVD discs. Also when trying to burn a second HD disc when invited to do so. It freezes when it comes to burning lead in. Sometimes a message says DVDA has stopped working and report. The only way I can make a copy is to start from scratch again. However on reflection I think it might be lack of memory since I have left XP on another drive and with W.7 I am using XP mode so I can use Adobe pro version which won't work with W.7. The only reason I want to use Adobe Pro 2 is because I can stop at any point on a scolling title which I can't do on VMS10 platinum . I then transfer the title to Vegas. That's how I did it when I just had XP on the PC and everything worked well. I am going to install more memory and see what happens.

Adam Stanislav January 30th, 2012 08:15 AM

I would never burn a disc from DVDA, especially not an expensive Blu-ray Disc. Always burn to ISO, then burn the ISO to the disc with ImgBurn, and do so as many times as you want.

Phil Gosselin January 30th, 2012 08:26 AM

I'll second that,

For years my workflow was to create the DVD/BD in DVDA and then burn them using ImgBurn...using nothing but Verbatim discs.

So far this workflow has been spotless.

Roy Alexander January 30th, 2012 08:54 AM

You all give sound advice. I have got IMGBURN installed but can't understand it's settings. I've had three coasters one after another. I wish I could work with it because I've heard such good reports about it. I've asked how to use it step by step, that's the only way I can take it in, but everyone who answers thinks I know as much about PC's as they do. Sadly I don't. I buy DVD tutorials on all programmes I want to use and I get by. Unfortunately I can't find any such tutorials for IMGBURN. The programmes helpline goes above my head.

Adam Stanislav January 30th, 2012 12:32 PM

Well, Roy, then you need to ask very specific questions at each step you do not understand.

Phil Gosselin January 30th, 2012 12:52 PM

ImgBurn has comprehensive tutorials available on their website You can find them here:

Guides - ImgBurn Support Forum

Roy Alexander January 30th, 2012 01:36 PM

I've just tried to burn another DVD from ingburn. First I printed out instructions from YOUTUbe tutorial. As far as I can tell I followed these instructions to the letter. I wanted to make a disc from files and so clicked onto that panel at the start. Result. The disc played back on the PC from the rewriter and wouldn't play on any standalone player. It just displayed the word data and nothing else. As far as I could tell on the imgburn log the disc had been verified. This is my 4th attempt and probally my last. Trouble is nobody near me uses Vegas or IMGBURN.

Tom Roper January 30th, 2012 05:17 PM

Make sure UDF 2.5 is selected.

Roy Alexander January 30th, 2012 06:23 PM

TOM. Thanks for info. But where do I select UDF 2.5 Incidently can anyone tell me why when I have clicked to get instant notification of replies. I DON'T

Adam Stanislav January 30th, 2012 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roy Alexander (Post 1712391)
But where do I select UDF 2.5

Options / File System and Options / UDF Revision.

Seth Bloombaum January 30th, 2012 10:03 PM

Off on a tangent: It's interesting that only one brand of BD-R is working for you. Have other brands ever worked with any software on this PC/OS build?

Are you sure that your burner firmware is the current, latest version? To check this, you'd refer to instructions at the burner manufacturer's website. It is quite possible that other brands aren't working because your burner firmware & driver don't recognize them.