Print HDV to Tape at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old February 20th, 2012, 05:07 PM   #1
Major Player

Print HDV to Tape

I'm trying to print to HDV tape in Vegas Pro 11 build 521 but without success. I've done this before many times in the past with previous versions of Vegas Pro without a problem and I just can't think of anything I'm doing wrong.

My project is 1080i and I'm rendering to the HDV 1080-60i template.The project renders fine. When I try to print it to HDV tape, I get the error message "The file type is unknown". The file name ends in .m2t.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

Last edited by David Jasany; February 20th, 2012 at 06:37 PM.
David Jasany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2012, 06:54 PM   #2
Trustee

Re: Print HDV to Tape

apparently this is a 'bug' in 11 (as read about elsewhere).

http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/...8493&Replies=9
Old February 21st, 2012, 08:39 AM   #3
Major Player

Thanks Leslie, I found the same thread yesterday and posted on it. Here's what I've done so far.

I submitted the bug to Sony today. Hopefully there's still enough of us out here that needs print to tape and will also report the bug. The Vegas Pro 11 release notes does mention a problem with print to tape. Here's what it shows:

"If you are printing a rendered file to HDV tape, the file must precisely conform to the target HDV device and file type requirements, or the print-to-tape operation will fail. Rendering using the provided HDV MPEG-2 render templates—unmodified in any way—is required to successfully print to HDV tape."

I tried printing with an unmodified template and it didn't make any difference.

For now, I put the Vegas 11 .m2t file on a Vegas 10 timeline and printed from the timeline and it worked as it should. Just printing the existing file in Vegas 10 did not work giving the same "The File Type is Unknown" error message.
David Jasany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2012, 01:14 PM   #4
Major Player

This is a follow-up to my original post. From the SCS forum, Sony identified the cause of the issue and it will be resolved in the near future.
David Jasany is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...